Dap issues windows 10
Apr 14, 2019 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I was testing my dap SMSL M8a, connected by usb to my computer, i installed its drives from smsl website, used the cable jack to rca i'm using with my dap, from smsl to Fiio amp, but when I plug my headphones just one pad is working while the other one is completely silent. I tested any single component with different devices and they work perfectly, so I wonder what's wrong.. any help is truly welcome

Apr 14, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 10
let's see if I get this right. your jack to RCA works with a DAP so the cable is fine, but you get weird stuff using it from RCA to jack. isn't it just that your device has a balanced output? so the cable works when you go from single ended output to any input, but doesn't from balanced output to single ended input.

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 10
let's see if I get this right. your jack to RCA works with a DAP so the cable is fine, but you get weird stuff using it from RCA to jack. isn't it just that your device has a balanced output? so the cable works when you go from single ended output to any input, but doesn't from balanced output to single ended input.
No it was used to work, I uninstalled it for a while now I reinstalled and i've this issue. same cables, same dap, same amp, same computer..

Apr 15, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 10
Maybe the media player on the computer?
Balance?
USB settings? http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Windows/Win7/USBDAC.htm

If you swap L/R from SMSL to FIO , does the channels on the headphone swap as well?
I tried these testes
  • television optical cable out - dac - rca out - cable rca to jack - FiiO A5 - Headphones - 1 channel on , 1 off
  • Dap - cable jack to coax - dac - cable rca to rca - amp meier jazz - headphones - STEREO!
So now I wonder what I'm mssing, the cable rca to jack works because it's what I use to play my dap music with meier amp....

Apr 15, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 10
I will get a new one soon, but funny is that that cable works perfectly when I use it in my other room:
ibasso DAP - cable rca to jack (dap jack line out) - Amp Meier jazz - Headphones and it works perfectly.

Apr 15, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #9 of 10
Maybe the input of the FIIO is broken
If I use it without DAC but just Dap - jack to jack - amp - headphones it works perfectly ...i'm getting crazy

I also tried with the other amp just rca to rca cable, same score 1 channel ok the other silent

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #10 of 10
In the end I solved it! I had to uninstall its drivers but I also removed the device from the control panel, reboot, reinstall from scratch and now it works..
So my guess is that the usb port wasn't configured properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back