Danacable Lazuli Nirvana Thread
Mar 11, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #17 of 46
crazy how cables got so expensive!

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #18 of 46
Hi all

I'm considering upgrading my Norne Vygarde Susvara cable to a Nirvana. From what I've read the sound signature would be what I'm looking for vs the Norne. However I'm a little concerned about the cable's weight and usability. Is it really heavy and hard to maneuver? Or is it ok?

My other option is a DHC Prion4 (wish I could get the Chimera but it's too pricey) which seems lighter and more flexible. But Im worried it would be a sidegrade compared to the Vygarde, not a clear upgrade like the Nirvana.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #19 of 46
It's really heavy cable and in my opinion less comfortable then Norne, but I'm not considering to use Susvara with something else.
Nirvana - is one of two cables in my life that sounding not better, but totally different.
Other one is ic cable by stealth

May 17, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #20 of 46
Finally got the Nirvana, you guys weren't kidding it's a phenomenal cable. Def the best I've heard the Susvara with. 100% keeper!

However, while I knew about the weight going in so Im fine with it, one issue I didnt foresee is that the weight ends up pulling more on the connectors and make them not stay put when I move around. Compared to my other cables it also feels like the 3.5m connectors themselves do not fit as snuggly/securely.

Wondering if any other Susvara/Nirvana owners have experienced this and if so do you have any tips on how to make them fit more securely?

Thanks

May 17, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #21 of 46
With Susvara and a Nirvana cable you shouldn't be moving around. 100% of the brain into the music! :L3000:

May 17, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #22 of 46
Finally got the Nirvana, you guys weren't kidding it's a phenomenal cable. Def the best I've heard the Susvara with. 100% keeper!

However, while I knew about the weight going in so Im fine with it, one issue I didnt foresee is that the weight ends up pulling more on the connectors and make them not stay put when I move around. Compared to my other cables it also feels like the 3.5m connectors themselves do not fit as snuggly/securely.

Wondering if any other Susvara/Nirvana owners have experienced this and if so do you have any tips on how to make them fit more securely?

Thanks
Mine has no issue staying very securely in the Susvara's sockets, might be worth checking with Danacables if the connectors on your cable isn't as secure as it could be.

I listen exclusively at my desk so I mould the cables so it's directly underneath the Susvaras and in a way they almost hold the headphones up and alleviates some of the weight issue, it probably also helps with keeping the plugs more securely in the socket.

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 46
I'm so torn between the danacable Nirvana and the dhc Chimera. The Nirvana now comes with the aeco 3.5mm connectors as standard for better fit for the Susvara. I would also get the plush flex version for a softer feel and being more manageable.

Feb 18, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #24 of 46
Newly purchased Nirvana. Sounded good from first listen but it's sounding even better day by day. I already had quite a few "wow" moments when using this cable. Looking forward to more.

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #29 of 46
did anybody try the new Voila to compare with Nirvana on susvara? and how is your impression? much appriciate!
I had the honor to have an extensive demo session earlier today, thanks to Vinh's generous invitation at CanJam NYC. I spent about 2 hours comparing two Susvaras, one with a Nirvana cable and one with a Voila cable. Here are my two cents:
  1. Voila is faster and more resolving than the Nirvana. Listening to fast tempo violin is more natural and satisfying.
  2. Voila's bass is more defined and carries more energy without any distortion.
  3. Voila's soundstage is slightly bigger than that of Nirvana imo. It sounds more relaxed than the Nirvana.
  4. For female vocals, Voila's mid-high range is fuller. Slightly more colored and emotional than that of the Nirvana.
  5. Voila's timbre is more accurate, especially when it comes to string instruments.
I ended up upgrading to a Voila cable from a Nirvana. Just to be clear, by no mean is the Nirvana an inferior cable. Nirvana is designed for a wider range of headphones, and it does a bang-up job while at it. I think the Voila cable specially tuned for Susvara is simply more suited for Susvara's listening experience, as it compliments and enhances the bass, musicality, and detail while keeping that natural feeling that Susvara fans love. I think if you are shopping for a dedicated cable for the Susvara, this Voila cable should be among the best options out there. To me, Voila cable is intoxicating.
I heard that Voila cables that are individually tuned for Abyss and Utopia are in development following the same design concept of complimenting individual headphone's characteristics. So Utopia and Abyss followers should definitely stay tuned.
8b35c4490803b8356e1ed6ca00c5845.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 1:23 AM Post #30 of 46
I had the honor to have an extensive demo session earlier today, thanks to Vinh's generous invitation at CanJam NYC. I spent about 2 hours comparing two Susvaras, one with a Nirvana cable and one with a Voila cable. Here are my two cents:
  1. Voila is faster and more resolving than the Nirvana. Listening to fast tempo violin is more natural and satisfying.
  2. Voila's bass is more defined and carries more energy without any distortion.
  3. Voila's soundstage is slightly bigger than that of Nirvana imo. It sounds more relaxed than the Nirvana.
  4. For female vocals, Voila's mid-high range is fuller. Slightly more colored and emotional than that of the Nirvana.
  5. Voila's timbre is more accurate, especially when it comes to string instruments.
I ended up upgrading to a Voila cable from a Nirvana. Just to be clear, by no mean is the Nirvana an inferior cable. Nirvana is designed for a wider range of headphones, and it does a bang-up job while at it. I think the Voila cable specially tuned for Susvara is simply more suited for Susvara's listening experience, as it compliments and enhances the bass, musicality, and detail while keeping that natural feeling that Susvara fans love. I think if you are shopping for a dedicated cable for the Susvara, this Voila cable should be among the best options out there. To me, Voila cable is intoxicating.
I heard that Voila cables that are individually tuned for Abyss and Utopia are in development following the same design concept of complimenting individual headphone's characteristics. So Utopia and Abyss followers should definitely stay tuned.
8b35c4490803b8356e1ed6ca00c5845.jpg

Wonderful impression! Thanks 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back