Dan Clark weighs in on burn-in
Dec 16, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #241 of 297
If I were to say, there is no audible difference between component A and component B, and I have personally implemented those results and carefully implemented them several times, even my friends and my wife tried it and did not hear any difference.
And all the same, only different headphones, where would I rant, we have all heard the differences and they are present in the application of a new layer of sounds that did not exist before, the tones have more texture, a cleaner space between the instruments...
How can my observation be taken as valid?
According to me, it can, if in one case (by replacing the headphones in my case) a change is detected, they have truth.
There are many misconceptions circulating in the audio community.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #242 of 297
If your comparison was subject to the effects of bias or perceptual error the results would be suspect no matter what the result was.

You can believe whatever you want. But that doesn’t make it true.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #243 of 297
Again
An amateur blind test has no correctness in determining the facts.
The same equipment that you are testing, you (or anyone else) will not show changes, but someone else will.
I mentioned my case with the replacement of headphones, the accuracy of detection can be affected by other components in the system.
In science, if there is a detected error that defies a theory, the whole theory falls.
And here I have just presented the facts that show that blind tests have no validity if they are conducted with an amateur approach.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #245 of 297
With controlled testing you isolate variables so things you aren’t testing can’t skew the results.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #246 of 297
Dec 16, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #248 of 297
Headphones are better measured than tested with blind listening tests, and even there it isn’t easy. That’s why you consider the transducers the wild card and you tune your system around them.

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #249 of 297
Do you really want an answer to that question?
It really doesn't matter.
What is important is that the post is set for evaluation by thread visitors.
And our things remain recorded and they define us
I do wonder how you'd do any blind testing on headphones though. I can easily name 10+ if not more factors that will invalidate the test results due to fit, weight etc.
I agree. Different pads give different sound perceptions
Another piece of evidence against amateur blind testing
But if out of 100 headphones with which you perform a blind test (even as an amateur) you notice unequivocal changes in only one, it is logical that the tested device has an influence, but that 99% of headsets are not capable of detecting the change

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #250 of 297
Do you really want an answer to that question?
If the person I hate the most in the world says something that is a fact, I have no choice but to agree with it, if I want to stay in the light
If my judgment is influenced by my hatred towards him, then it is easy for me to manipulate reality
I think you need to wince.
You don't have to thank me
When I recognize you in the light, that will be my reward
And one advice
look at everything on the bright side, sometimes I tell you something as a joke

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #251 of 297
But one thing is for sure, if anyone who has read my posts about the validity of amateur blind testing, ignores or denies it, they certainly don't have a scientific approach to research.

And one more piece of advice for everyone - think about what was said, not who said it. More people may express their views through my profile! Do not allow your judgment to be influenced by preconceptions

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #252 of 297
I judge comments in sound science by how they apply science. I don't think you have the slightest clue about how the scientific method works, and I don't think you have any interest in knowing. You want to define science as the way you want to do it.

I don't hate you. I just think you talk an awful lot without much of value to say. That isn't uncommon among young people today, so it isn't just you. Talking without listening doesn't do anyone any good. In fact, you are the one that suffers because you get nothing new out of your conversations.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #253 of 297
I judge comments in sound science by how they apply science. I don't think you have the slightest clue about how the scientific method works, and I don't think you have any interest in knowing. You want to define science as the way you want to do it.

I don't hate you. I just think you talk an awful lot without much of value to say. That isn't uncommon among young people today, so it isn't just you. Talking without listening doesn't do anyone any good. In fact, you are the one that suffers because you get nothing new out of your conversations.
You are right, as always

Have you ever wondered why the equipment used to perform audio tests (and others) is listed in professional institutions, and this practice is also practiced by some renowned reviewers.
While you suggest someone to perform blind tests without knowing his hearing abilities, and the type of equipment with which he will perform blind tests,but you will accept his observations if they agree with your convictions, and if not, then they will come up with something along the lines of "you cheated"
Your "understanding" of science differs from my lack of understanding
Continue to play your role as a scientific authority.
And don't forget yourself, maintain your rhetoric with technical terms, you seem more convincing:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
You have locked yourself in a cage of ignorance. You forged it yourself.
I offer you a way out, but you are too vain to accept it

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #254 of 297
I told you, Yoga is a powerful ally
Practice it
Completely surrendering to the music also helps.
Then you start noticing details that could be improved in the sound presentation, and then you start upgrading...and understanding
Believe me, all my efforts here would be joyful if you recognized it with a smile
Yes, that is my wish :relaxed:

Getting to the top sound doesn't have to be expensive,
A little research on the forum above

And leave sound science to professionals who implement their research into production, or you will always be dissatisfied

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #255 of 297
I told you, Yoga is a powerful ally
Practice it
Completely surrendering to the music also helps.
Then you start noticing details that could be improved in the sound presentation, and then you start upgrading...and understanding
Believe me, all my efforts here would be joyful if you recognized it with a smile
Yes, that is my wish :relaxed:

Getting to the top sound doesn't have to be expensive,
A little research on the forum above
I am happy for you
There is zero science in this post
Perhaps another part of the forum would suit better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back