Dan Clark Audio Job Posting: Manufacturing Engineer
Mar 31, 2021 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

mrspeakers

Sponsor: Dan Clark Audio (Formerly MrSpeakers)
Hi everyone, we're hiring a mechanical engineer to be based in San Diego. More experienced candidates with direct loudspeaker or headphone experience may also be considered. If you're interested email us at info@danclarkaudio.com

Manufacturing Engineer

General description of duties:
  • Perform problem analysis with guidance from other engineers
  • Produce mechanical designs to support development of new mechanical items or to improve existing ones
  • Inspect incoming parts and materials and communicate inspection results and status to vendors and engineering
  • Identify and resolve QC process, material and design issues
  • Supervise, update and maintain QC logs
  • Generate ideas, fixtures, and suggestions to reduce various process cycle times
  • Update and maintain accurate SOPs
  • Provide input and ensure accuracy in product BOMs
  • Maintain production revision tracking system
  • Support engineering activities such as test, check-out, modification, fabrication, and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems
Qualifications
  • Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field required
  • Ability to read, interpret and update technical drawings
  • Ability to measure and validate parts based on technical drawings
  • Experience with Solidworks strongly preferred
  • CNC and 3D printing experience a plus
  • 2 years related work experience preferred

Last edited:
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 31, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 15
Heck of an opportunity! Good luck to anyone going for it.

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 15
Good luck to whoever gets the job. Shame I don't live out there. Would totally apply.

For a qualified candidate with audio experience we would consider some support for relocation.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 15
Tempting haha

Well temptation IS why we posted this here; our dream candidate would have a genuine passion for audio and headphones... :gs1000smile:

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 15
Well temptation IS why we posted this here; our dream candidate would have a genuine passion for audio and headphones... :gs1000smile:

Glad you all are considering just that as a top priority - it's why I have got my jobs in the industry so far too!

Mar 31, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #10 of 15
Oh gosh this is my dream (I mean look at my profile picture after all). However I have 0 post-secondary. Just lots of retail/sales, and just super nerdy at home. 3D printer and all. Made my Open Alphas (Slowly getting more advanced with Fusion360). That...... and I'm Canadian heh.

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #12 of 15
Wow what a sweet opportunity. I wish I had the right degree. Goodluck to who ever is hired for this fantastic job

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #13 of 15
I understand electronics, and love Dan Clark (Aeon 2 Closed here with a B.S in Physics - EE concentration). No direct design experience, but I’ve worked in mechanical stress testing of metals. This sounds like a really cool opportunity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back