Damn You, Head-Fi!
Dec 9, 2008 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Pale Rider

1000+ Head-Fier
Yeah, I know I am not the first--and very clearly from the activity here, definitely not the last either--but dang. I came here (I forget where from) searching for information when it came time to replace my lost/stolen Westone UM2 set, and now I feel like I ought to be wearing a sign that says: "Will work for headphones." I was into high-end audio decades ago, and I managed to extricate myself with little more than 3-5 years of withdrawal pains. And now, here it all is, back again, except this time, smaller, and even more insidious.

What's worse, I was all too happy for a while listening to lossy files, and had of course given up my thousands of CDs collection. And now, I am contemplating rebuilding that again.

Such an exquisite pain.

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 11
I am rebuilding my CD collection and this time around it is much cheaper. There are tons of cheap CDs on amazon and locally at the swap meet (flea market). I am rebuying a lot for less money than I sold them for.

Oh almost forgot... and welcome to head-fi - sorry about your wallet.

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 11
Rebuild your CD collection?

My friend, what you really need is a turntable.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

evil_smiley.gif

Analog-Analog-Analog. The way it's meant to be
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

evil_smiley.gif

That is evil. I have thousands in analog. You don't really want to wish that on him do you?

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #9 of 11
Head fi is a wonderful hobby especially when you reach into the higher end stuff. Of course, if you don't, Head-fi is also great for getting advise of great budget gear too like Chinese amps and other gear.

Head-fi is not always about draining your wallet. It can also be about discovering great budget Chinese gear with amazing sonics. I am amazed by Chinese hi-fi and love it. Head-fi loves China hi-fi and you save money brotha!

chewie0ol.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I know I am not the first--and very clearly from the activity here, definitely not the last either--but dang.

You're right, this is not the first thread like this. Enjoy the ride. Try not to get thrown off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back