Damn its sexy
Jan 24, 2003 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I am not talking about the girls in my avatar (even though are
biggrin.gif
). I am talking about this:

MZE10_1.jpg

I am drooling just looking at it, how did they do it? Its got to be one of the finest portable devices ever!!!
eek.gif
Hell I think people who doesn't use md should buy it & use it as a cigarette holder. It just looks so slim & clean. My god, I am wetting my panties. lol
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 33
those md players are so small! just a little bigger than the md. unfortunately they had to put in some sort of built-in battery to do it. i would be worried about what happens when the battery dies from charge/discharge cycling and also that they really crapped out on the headphone amp in it. of course there is no line out like all other new md players. other than that, it is very cool and clean looking. i was absolutely amazed the first time that i saw one in a shop.

Jan 24, 2003 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 33
Hey Pepsione1 !!

I'm a old guy. When Sony walkman (cassette tape) made 10 years, many years ago, sony launched a so small walkman like this one. Almost the tape size. In this week I was in NYC and looking for a cassette walkman. You can imagine my panties when the sales man showed me a red 10th anniversary box with that little US450 Walkman inside. He looked to me and charged what he wanted...I spent a year thinking about that price...
frown.gif

Best

Ari

Jan 24, 2003 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 33
It certainly is sexy and the headphone out does fine for me. It drives all my cans to my normal listening levels (even the F1's though that's a bit of a stretch). It also sounds a lot better than most headphone outs i've heard.

The battery is a bit of a stumbling block, but i think that it may actually be purchaseable separately and i know it could be replaced by the user with a bit of work, though no soldering or anything like that.

I like it anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff
I got me one of them. I paid about $270 for it. Best money I've spent on a portable! Put it in my pocket, and don't even know it's there.

It is as good as it looks in picture? How's the sound quality of it?

Jan 24, 2003 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 33
wow....
*stunned*

any model number for that bad boy?
my g/f will be in japan next year (for the whole year...sigh), so i wanna start making a list of goodies
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 33
i squinted real hard

the model seems to be MZ-E10

its a tiny mini disc player. it couldnt possibly be a recorder. ill see what i can find on it.

info HERE

World's thinnest (10mm) and lightest (55g w/batt) MD player (as of 2 Sep 2002).
New optical pickup and motor (30% thinner) and miniaturized main IC (33% smaller) [compared with MZ-E909].
Charge stand has 3 color LED indicating charge or remaining battery.
New 3mm headphone jack (requires adapter for normal headphones!).
Digital Amp
"High grade" headphones (earbuds) HAHAHAHAHAHHA
tongue.gif

Built-in 3mm Lithium Ion cell.
Further thinning of the magnesium case.
Backlit remote has 2-line display for Roman alphabet titles, 1-line for Kanji titles.
"Virtual Headphone Technology Acoustic Engine" uses DSP to provide "Studio, Club, Live, or Arena" effects.
Equalizer allows 7 steps of adjustment (-10dB to +10dB) in 6 frequency bands. Equalizer settings are established with one of four fixed presets ("Heavy, Pops, Jazz, Unique") or one of 2 custom (i.e. user defined) settings. Equalizer and "Virtual Headphone" cannot be used together.
"Bookmark Track" function can remember up to 20 "favorite tracks" from an MD, and will play those tracks only. (Remembered tracks are forgotten when player is opened).
"Digital Pitch Control" Adjustable playback speed from -50% to +100% (factor of 0.5x to 2.0x) in 13 steps without change of pitch.
"New" Play mode

WOW, its less than 2 MDs in thickness [if youre on crack like me...doh. thanks V-1...
tongue.gif
]
sony_mze10_pf03.jpg

Jan 24, 2003 at 10:13 PM Post #11 of 33
It actually looks thicker then two MDs in that picture...
tongue.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #12 of 33
Since I got my Panasonic MJ70 (or something) a few years ago, I've always wondered how much smaller they could get. This is a sweet size all right but I've stopped using my MD player once I got my MP3 player Panasonic SDSV80. Why? Because my MP3 player is so small, this MD player is just HUGE.
eek.gif
Once you go smaller, you can't go back. I don't know what I'm going to do now...

Jan 24, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 33
OT: I am an idiot. I have never seen a minidisc disk and I always thought they looked like mini cd's. Judging from that picture though they look like little floppy disk's. Show's what I know.
redface.gif

Anyways, that MD player is awesome looking.

Jan 25, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

I am an idiot. I have never seen a minidisc disk and I always thought they looked like mini cd's.

Well, its just the casing that makes them look like floppies. The do look like mini-cds (3.5-inch) on the inside, that is, if you can open them outside of the player. They use MO (magneto-optical) technology, which i will not go into here because i'm afraid i'll make a fool of myself.

Time to get an avatar.

Jan 25, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #15 of 33
The sound quality is pretty good. Better than the other MD players I've tried. Even cleaner sounding than the new N10 recorder. The earbuds that comes with it aren't anything special, but of course they're better than some $50 pcdp headphones.

The E10 is about as thick as two MDs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back