Damage my right HD600 driver, opinions appreciated
Dec 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

senhd600user

New Head-Fier
First time poster here,

last night I was trying to take a a hair out of my right driver (HD600) and I I accidentally poked the driver and put a dent in it.

I tested in with some low sine notes (50hz-100hz) and can't hear any damage. 

What would you guys suggest I do about it? Any experience with sennheiser repairing dented drivers for you?

Thank you for your help!

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 8
You can fix it yourself, just get something like a q-tip and wrap some tape around it with the sticky side outwards. And gently try and pop it back out by adhering it slighly to the dented part and then pull it out.
Whatever you do though do NOT use something like a vacuum because there is a good chance you will damage the driver.

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #3 of 8
You can fix it yourself, just get something like a q-tip and wrap some tape around it with the sticky side outwards. And gently try and pop it back out by adhering it slighly to the dented part and then pull it out.
Whatever you do though do NOT use something like a vacuum because there is a good chance you will damage the driver.

Great idea! I'll try it and see if it works. Thanks

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #5 of 8
Well this is the way i fixed mine atleast but perhaps you can try it with a straw and sucking it out? Dunno if that work's but i guess it's worth a shot, sound wise i heard it didn't sound right that's what led me to notice the dented cone. Can't really remember what the change in sound was since it's years ago.

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #6 of 8
I blew lightly from the backside to pop it back out when I discovered mine had been damaged. Mine looked as if it'd been blown, but I couldn't hear it when listening. I really wonder how bad off I am with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back