Dallas, TX - Sunday, September 29th, 2013 - "Big Tex Wears Headphones Too" meetup
Sep 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #46 of 227
I'm down to join. I can bring a q701, little dot II++, fiio e17, ATH-m50, pa2v2, kramer modded portapro KTC and maybe my entech number cruncher if i can find the power cable.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #47 of 227
Thank you for hosting.  Yes, I plan to attend.  This is my first Dallas meet.  Should I bring a table?  Are there plenty of plugs for amps?  I can bring my B22 and a variety headphones.
Steve

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #51 of 227
Hey guys, first time posting here, I have lurked around and read a bunch of reviews and threads and such over the past year or two as I have slowly ventured into the audiophile realm. I am in the Dallas area and would love the opportunity to come experience some quality equipment and speak with others whom share such a strong interest in audio. I may try to bring a friend or two as well.

I might bring some of my components (I usually use them like this) -
Laptop -> FiiO E17 > Schiit Valhalla > Sennheiser HD598
Laptop -> Schiit Modi > Schiit Magni > Beyerdynamic DT770Pro (250ohm)

Most of my lossless music is electronic (trance, downtempo/chill, and psychedelic) and classic rock. I have a beautiful 4.0 quadraphonic mix of The Dark Side of the Moon that may possibly be my favorite recording.

I am looking forward to it! Thank you for putting this together.

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #52 of 227
I might be there. It depends, but I think I'll be able to bring something modest to the meet. Probably some DT 770's, a cd player, and possibly a reciever. Not quite sure.

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #53 of 227
I'm waiting on a work schedule, but most likely I'll be able to attend.
I'm going to keep it small. Grado PS500 and the trusty ol' ASL amp.
Debating on bringing a CDP or pc +DAC. I just got windows 8 to behave.
Hard to believe- only the bare minimum on the PC and windows feels a need to
go 100% CPU sometimes and cause playback problems. And they wonder why
windows is losing market share.

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #54 of 227
^^ do what I did, just say you're unavailable that day.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #56 of 227
If there's interest and my schedule allows I will try to be there with some production Alpha Dogs.  I will be able to confirm this week.

Is there an attendee list planned?

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #57 of 227
  If there's interest and my schedule allows I will try to be there with some production Alpha Dogs.  I will be able to confirm this week.

Is there an attendee list planned?

Awesome... just let us know!

I'm not keeping an attendee list, per se. I guess this thread is the closest we'll get. We usually see about 30-ish people throughout the day.

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #58 of 227
Would love to give the Alpha a try.

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #60 of 227
Travel booked, see you there!  Anyone in the area want to meet for drinks Sat night?

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back