Dallas, TX - Sunday, September 29th, 2013 - "Big Tex Wears Headphones Too" meetup
Aug 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #31 of 227
My family obligations have been scheduled for that day, so I will not be attending. Probably next time. I really want to hear my turntable with some 800's at some point

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #33 of 227
If that's too far to drive, there's the Austin meet early next year you can attend. Still a bit of a drive, but not too bad.

Aug 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #35 of 227
Quote:
My family obligations have been scheduled for that day, so I will not be attending. Probably next time. I really want to hear my turntable with some 800's at some point

Aww man, that stinks
frown.gif
Was really looking forward to hearing the Rega paired with my Kenwood... Hopefully next time!! Or maybe family obligations will be moved around by then....

-edit- If GT isn't going to be able to bring his Rega, will anyone else be able to bring a table?? I don't want to bring mine as its rather.... um, well, crap. Tritonsub will be coming with me as Bigjohn1 is unable to come, so Tritone can bring his TT if need be... not that it's much better than mine.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #36 of 227
Aww man, that stinks :frowning2: Was really looking forward to hearing the Rega paired with my Kenwood... Hopefully next time!! Or maybe family obligations will be moved around by then....

-edit- If GT isn't going to be able to bring his Rega, will anyone else be able to bring a table?? I don't want to bring mine as its rather.... um, well, crap. Tritonsub will be coming with me as Bigjohn1 is unable to come, so Tritone can bring his TT if need be... not that it's much better than mine.

As long as I can get there I should have my Kuzma by then.

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #37 of 227
Oh that'll be awesome... Looking forward to hearing 'Hemispheres' on a nice rig :D

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #38 of 227
Man, I was really looking forward to coming to this meet.

Unfortunately, I will be in Florida hanging out with Goofy at the time...

Luckily AHorseNamedJeff can take tons of pictures and tell me all about it.

There goes my hope to sample some different cans to look for my next step up...
triportsad.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #39 of 227
I am in Houston but should be good to make it. I mostly want to hear my Mad Dogs w/ various amps. Should I bother bringing my magni/modi? I don't have a laptop and don't want to lug my desktop computer+monitor there. I can bring my vintage pioneer if anyone wants to see how their phones sound on it. I don't have a source though unless you count a blu-ray player.

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #40 of 227
Quote:
Hoorah! Bit too early to confirm as I have a TBD somewhere-in-Asia business trip in September, but hopefully will be able to make this one! Lugging the Fostex TH-900/HP-A8C combo to Nick's last time was a bit of a chore, so I'll opt to bring a more portable setup this time. If I make it, I'll have with me: AK100 + Whatever TOTL IEM I end up keeping until end of Sep. (Fitear 334, Parterre, Ocharaku Kaede) + Sennheiser 598

Can I beg you to bring the TH-900??  I bought some TH-600's after last meet and need an excuse to spend more money. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #41 of 227
I preordered the new Dream Theater LP, which should get here before the meet :D
I'll bring it if it gets here in time.

Sep 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #43 of 227
I preordered the new Dream Theater LP, which should get here before the meet :D
I'll bring it if it gets here in time.

Get this guy yet?

http://www.elusivedisc.com/DREAM-THEATER-OCTAVARIUM-180g-2LP/productinfo/WEALP79656/

OH SWEET JESUS THANK YOU. I didn't know this existed!! And this isn't favorite albu by them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back