Dallas, TX - "Deux for 2012", a not-quite-as-mini meet - Sunday, October 14th
Sep 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #46 of 163
For the love of god this. While it's fun to chat it up with the last few people left for hours it does always disappoint whenever people leave so early.

Quote:
Btw, guys, feel free to just hang out, use the full length of the meet to listen to everything in the room, talk to everyone, grab a snack, etc. I know some people have to come and go in certain time frames, but the last few meets we've had in Texas, people have disappeared, except for the organizers, well ahead (a couple of hours) of the scheduled end. This time is for YOU to try stuff. Don't be that guy who posts in the impressions thread 'there was an XXXX headphone there but I didn't listen to it and now I wish I had'. Listen to different combinations of gear, ask owners if they'll allow you to swap their dac on your amp/headphones, etc. We're not vendors with ironclad gear sets. We love mixing and matching as much as you do. Spend time with people, make new acquaintances, friends even. These are regional member meets, not cold, emotionless trade shows.

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #47 of 163
Since I won't be able to make it, perhaps I can get someone's contact info so I can send them pictures and impressions from CanJam @ RMAF.  I can't say that I'm a great photographer or a journalist of any sort, but I'll be there and willing to share what I see/hear.

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #51 of 163
If I am able to attend, would yall want me to bring my xciter DAC and WA6SE? 

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #53 of 163
Quote:
But of course! It will increase the opportunity to mix-and-match with other headphones and sources.

I believe the correct response should have been "Mais oui".  Tsk, tsk.
smile.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #54 of 163
Adding a Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir. If the Mjolnir bests the BHA-1 I should have it for the meet. If not I'll return it in the 15 day trial period. If the Mjolnir stays I might hold on to the Bryston long enough for the meet then sell after.

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #55 of 163
Really looking forward to hearing these. That new DAC for sure. 

Quote:
Adding a Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir. If the Mjolnir bests the BHA-1 I should have it for the meet. If not I'll return it in the 15 day trial period. If the Mjolnir stays I might hold on to the Bryston long enough for the meet then sell after.

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #56 of 163
Quote:

That's awesome. I'm still unsure about purchasing the Gungnir or not. Hopefully it'll inform my decision.

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #58 of 163
Quote:
I expect to receive my Decware Taboo tomorrow. Woo hoo! Should be nicely burned-in by October 14th.

I was sorely tempted some months ago but was nervous about low impedance phones (325i).  Decided to go with WOO WA-6.  Happy.

Hope it works out for you.  

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #60 of 163
Wow, glad I saw jazzerdave mention that there was a Dallas meet in the Mad Dog thread.  This is happening right across route 75 from my apartment, I don't think I have an excuse *not* to visit.  I'm still pretty new to the Hi Fi world, certainly haven't been to an event like this before.  I don't have a whole lot to offer, but looking forward leeching off of all of your gear.  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back