Dallas Head-Fi meet - Saturday, August 3rd and Sunday, August 4th
Jul 29, 2002 at 11:15 PM Post #31 of 53
Quote:

I think the R10 will be a matter of who is allowed to touch them.

Yeah, I think you're right about that one.
tongue.gif

Quote:

I am surprised you had no interest in the Grado HP-2...as far as headphones go.

Oh, I didn't know those were coming, *looks back at previous posts* Ahh- Flumpus is bringing them. You're absolutely right, then, I will be looking forward to hearing about what is to be said about it, now that I know they will be there.

Jul 30, 2002 at 6:47 PM Post #33 of 53
dparrish's Max won't be there after all. If Headroom wants one there, I guess they'll need to send one after all.

Jul 30, 2002 at 8:06 PM Post #35 of 53
D'oh.
frown.gif

I will be left to wonder whether my favorite amp is the RKV or the EAR. Unless the TwinHead shows up and blows us all away (and it might!).

Jul 30, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #36 of 53
kelly
Everyone at the meeting is welcome to spend some time listening to my R10's. Listening and comparing different equipment, and socializing is what Head-Fi meets are all about (IMO). Having said that I do expect to spend some quality time listening to the Twin, RKV, and the Max with my R10's. Too bad about the EAR HP4.

Aug 1, 2002 at 6:14 PM Post #37 of 53
Hey guys--I just found out that I will be able to attend the Dallas meet if Nick's place isn't all booked up. I can bring the following equipment:

Amps:
Melos SHA-1 with Sovtek's
Parasound 100 power watt amp with headphone out

Headphones:
Senn HD 580 (if another pair are needed)
Senn HD 497
Grado 325
AKG K-1000 (driven by Parasound amp with Melos as pre amp)

Source:
Pioneer DV-343

Just let me know if there's room for one more and some more stuff and when and where to bring it, Nick! PM or email with the info.

Aug 2, 2002 at 9:29 PM Post #41 of 53
As I originally feared, I'll be working some of tomorrow so I'll be at least a little late. Hopefully I'll still make it by 4 or 5PM and I'll come as soon as I can. My coworker, who I'm trying to inflict this hobby upon may tag along Saturday too.

Keep a butt print on the carpet warm for me.

I'll be bringing a surprise component, too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #42 of 53
If anyone can come early and bring a source & cables, that would be GREAT. The only sources I have are my PC (yuk) and a DVD transport that is firmly anchored to the Oris 200.

I think three sources w/cables should be enough. Please reply to this thread if you can come early (12:30pm-ish) with extra gear.

Aug 2, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #43 of 53
I can make it there with my AMC CD8b and a Toshiba SD2800 DVD player if needed. The AMC is good, not sure how the Toshiba fares w/music as it's job is playing movies. Let me know if you want me to bring both or just the AMC. I only have one pair of Outlaw cables, the rest are just the AR type that you get at Best Buy.

Aug 3, 2002 at 7:51 PM Post #45 of 53
Frustration is... getting to work and sitting on my ass waiting for things to happen so I can get my stuff done and leave.

I have amps in my car. I have amps in a bag on my desk. I have headphones here. Hell, I'm thinking of throwing my own meet. Wonder what my coworkers would think of that!!

Ok, I'm bitter. They're listening to the TwinHead and R10 while I'm sitting here. Blah!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back