Dali Headphones
Dec 12, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #857 of 1,056
Hey guys. New owner of a pair of Dali iO-6, got them yesterday and can't find myself to take them off. Really enjoying them. As a Dali fan, I love their signature sound and even though some say that the bass is a bit lacking, I can't say the same. I wear glasses and even so I can't get them to leak and always have tight, articulate bass. And I come from a pair of Sennheiser Momentum M2 Wireless, which people say have a bit more bass, but the Dalis are better in every way, even on the bass front.

But even tbough I'm a Dali fan, seems each time I buy a Dali product, it has to have some issues and needs replacing and only having the 2nd product to be as expected. Happened with my Zensor 3s, my Zensor 7s and now with he iO-6s.

My issues with the iO-6:

- arrived with a small scratch on the ivory paint, which, even if pretty small, it activated my OCD. But tried to get over it.
- from the box, they were turned ON, for some reason, so, as expected, battery was dead, who knows since. At first you can say and why is that an issue? Well, I know that even with lithium ion batteries it's not OK to keep them completelly out of juice as it kills the battery, happened to me before. As for the iO-6s, seems they won't charge past 90%, I never heard the "battery is 100% /full" message, and, listening yesterday for a few hours and today they are already at 70% battery, which means they clearly won't last the marketed 30 hours, endurance that was confirmed by reviewers too. And I use them with ANC off. After not even a couple of hours of use they lost another 10% of battery.
- the headband doesn't seem to be that well built and I've already seen a case posted here regarding something that I was afraid of, that it can break easily.
- having to manually disconnect from a device to connect to another is pretty annoying, especially when the Sennheiser M2s did that "on the fly".
- when connected to my Node 2i through AptX HD and wasn't playing anything, there were some high pitched crackling and popps. Using the latest firmware. Seems they are gone today, hope they stay gone.
- the faux leather pads already have small tears around the area where they fold when they press on my head. I don't think they will last too long...

I love my iO-6s, but the battery issue keeps bugging me, as battery was my biggest issue with the M2s. How's the endurance on your Dalis?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #858 of 1,056
Take them to the warranty, they've been very open to replacing faulty units so far. I had to let mine go because of comfort issues (my head is edgy and the cans rested on a single point of it rather than in an arc), but despite they aren't as detailed as other cans, the sound profile is lovely.

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #860 of 1,056
Hey guys. New owner of a pair of Dali iO-6, got them yesterday and can't find myself to take them off. Really enjoying them. As a Dali fan, I love their signature sound and even though some say that the bass is a bit lacking, I can't say the same. I wear glasses and even so I can't get them to leak and always have tight, articulate bass. And I come from a pair of Sennheiser Momentum M2 Wireless, which people say have a bit more bass, but the Dalis are better in every way, even on the bass front.

But even tbough I'm a Dali fan, seems each time I buy a Dali product, it has to have some issues and needs replacing and only having the 2nd product to be as expected. Happened with my Zensor 3s, my Zensor 7s and now with he iO-6s.

My issues with the iO-6:

- arrived with a small scratch on the ivory paint, which, even if pretty small, it activated my OCD. But tried to get over it.
- from the box, they were turned ON, for some reason, so, as expected, battery was dead, who knows since. At first you can say and why is that an issue? Well, I know that even with lithium ion batteries it's not OK to keep them completelly out of juice as it kills the battery, happened to me before. As for the iO-6s, seems they won't charge past 90%, I never heard the "battery is 100% /full" message, and, listening yesterday for a few hours and today they are already at 70% battery, which means they clearly won't last the marketed 30 hours, endurance that was confirmed by reviewers too. And I use them with ANC off. After not even a couple of hours of use they lost another 10% of battery.
- the headband doesn't seem to be that well built and I've already seen a case posted here regarding something that I was afraid of, that it can break easily.
- having to manually disconnect from a device to connect to another is pretty annoying, especially when the Sennheiser M2s did that "on the fly".
- when connected to my Node 2i through AptX HD and wasn't playing anything, there were some high pitched crackling and popps. Using the latest firmware. Seems they are gone today, hope they stay gone.
- the faux leather pads already have small tears around the area where they fold when they press on my head. I don't think they will last too long...

I love my iO-6s, but the battery issue keeps bugging me, as battery was my biggest issue with the M2s. How's the endurance on your Dalis?

Cheers.

Relax, take send the scratched one back. The battery is fine. Anything less than 100% is pronounced as 90, so 99 would be 90.

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #862 of 1,056
I didn't return them, I received a new sealed-box pair thanks to the warranty, as my old pair had a notorius hiss and started to fail on the on/off button, and I sold it brand new, for around 55% of the price I paid. Recently I heard the Sundaras (not wireless, hardly portable, leave alone quality control) and a couple of senns that could be in the same price league. The first offered more detail retrieval, and I'm not very fond of the senns, but I learnt once I tested a few other more expensive (and weighty) cans that after all that hype and desire caused by reading reviews and threads on the internet about any headphone, I was fairly happy with what I already found in the Dalis for my needs: enjoyable music listen long hours of daily usage at work, with a proper passive noice cancelling (the ANC only blocked the "hums" from the computers of the office, never the chatter, but I hardly needed to turn it on) and some chill listen at home wirelessly.

Moreover, before getting the Dalis I tried (yet always at a shop and never for a really long period of time), all the line of wireless ANC cans I could (Senns, Sonys, Boses and cheaper options), and all of them were underwhelming, muddy or somewhat muted and lifeless to my ears. I didn't hear the latest Shure, any B&W, M&D or the Lagoon. I recently headed more towards iems due to comfort.

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #864 of 1,056
I had the same thing, tried a lot of headphones. Kept returning to the Dali’s. Something about is just “right”. I like the way the bass goes real low and the highs are never sharp or piercing.

Being sharp depends on the recordings too. Found a few that were a bit scratchy to the ears, tracks with which I didn't have an issue on the Sennheisers, but then again, these didn't have the detail retrieval and didn't go that high in trebble as the Dalis.

I didn't return them, I received a new sealed-box pair thanks to the warranty, as my old pair had a notorius hiss and started to fail on the on/off button, and I sold it brand new, for around 55% of the price I paid. Recently I heard the Sundaras (not wireless, hardly portable, leave alone quality control) and a couple of senns that could be in the same price league. The first offered more detail retrieval, and I'm not very fond of the senns, but I learnt once I tested a few other more expensive (and weighty) cans that after all that hype and desire caused by reading reviews and threads on the internet about any headphone, I was fairly happy with what I already found in the Dalis for my needs: enjoyable music listen long hours of daily usage at work, with a proper passive noice cancelling (the ANC only blocked the "hums" from the computers of the office, never the chatter, but I hardly needed to turn it on) and some chill listen at home wirelessly.

Moreover, before getting the Dalis I tried (yet always at a shop and never for a really long period of time), all the line of wireless ANC cans I could (Senns, Sonys, Boses and cheaper options), and all of them were underwhelming, muddy or somewhat muted and lifeless to my ears. I didn't hear the latest Shure, any B&W, M&D or the Lagoon. I recently headed more towards iems due to comfort.

Oh, I thought you returned them. Nice of Dali to do that.

I know what you say about the others sounding muddy compared to the Dalis, as I did a back and forth listening last night between the iO6s and the Senn M2s and where before I thought the M2s sounded good, now, after listening to the Dalis, the M2s sound muffled in comparison. Gonna stick with the iOs for sure, just bumped regarding the issues I have with, especially the battery life, which by my calculation, at least my set, seems to be around 15 hours, as after around 6 hours of use, I'm already at 60% battery, and I don't max out the volume and I have the ANC off (which I hoped it would even increase the battery life when not used).

Regarding the crackles and pops I had, seems now I only have them when I'm a but further from the source, same distance at which I gotta hand it to the M2s, as they played perfectly even going through a couple of walls, while the Dalis start to glitch in the same scenario when music is playing, or cracks and pops if I pause the music.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #865 of 1,056
Does anyone can get choose under Windows 16bit 48KHz?

PrtScn1147.png

Using ASUS PCE-AX3000 BT5.0 ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back