Dali Headphones
Nov 12, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #376 of 1,056
First post here. I am really considering these headphones. As they mainly will be used at my office the phone call quality is important. This has not been tested as far as I can read in the different reviews. Have any of you any experience her? I am considering these against Bose 700 even if the sound experience will be different. If the Dalis works well for phone calls I will likely go for these, despite only being able to be connected to one Bluetooth source at a time.
Then you shouldn't get any of these. None of them come close to a real feadset with boom mic. Both are usable but not great.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #377 of 1,056
First post here. I am really considering these headphones. As they mainly will be used at my office the phone call quality is important. This has not been tested as far as I can read in the different reviews. Have any of you any experience her? I am considering these against Bose 700 even if the sound experience will be different. If the Dalis works well for phone calls I will likely go for these, despite only being able to be connected to one Bluetooth source at a time.

From my initial experience I would say call quality is neither stellar (Bose) nor bad (Sony) .. Its seems to be solidly tucked in the middle and as a consequence perfectly acceptable. I was properly audible and the other party was as well . :)

Then you shouldn't get any of these. None of them come close to a real feadset with boom mic. Both are usable but not great.

And to reference another post, even Bose does not compare to good quality office headsets such as Plantronics Voyager Focus or Jabra Evolve 75 (I had the former and have now jumped to the latter as my go-to telco headset) . But these office headsets are only average anyway when it comes to music, as well as their ANC capabilities... Those headsets simply are not good enough for travelling...

So in their own class (travelling ANC cans) call quality on the DALI is fine. To my knowledge there are no headphones yet that are at the same time audiophile and have stellar ANC and have crystal clear call quality and a boom microphone and are perfect for travelling and and and and :)

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #379 of 1,056
any concern I should know about the B&O Beoplay H9i? i'm going to test these and the Dali io6 troday? just looking for some feedback on which I should consider more?

Follow your own senses/instinct ... And keep in mind that both cans probably can and will benefit from a bit of burning in (The DALI definitely do) ... And just listen to them with your favorite tracks ... And assess their wearing comfort ... (And bring your glasses if you wear them. Nothing worse than a broken seal on cans that cannot be worn with glasses).

But in the end it's always a matter of personal taste .... And if your feet start tapping on the rhythm of the music you're heading the right way .... That's what happened to me with the DALI

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #380 of 1,056
If you for example listen to Batiashvili playing the arrangement of Prokofiev's March of the Knights on the M3 you will find it muddy and totally unbalanced in the bass. The bass dominates (and is even a bit muddy) so it almost sounds flat (in terms of orchestration, IE a lot of the detals go missing) compared to the Dali's where everything sounds sparkly. I find the Dali's sutible for a wider range of styles compared to the M3's.

If you listening albums of jazz of the ECM record company with M3 wireless you can hearing double bass with beautiful enveloping sound and decay, and is the same for the drums and percussion and piano, like the sounds is more close with reality of music in life, and the cymbals don't hurting your ears like dali, h9 or mw65 or etymotic.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #381 of 1,056
Would someone know how IO-6 bass compares to classic Beyerdynamic DT770 (80)? I'm not looking for the same sound signature, actually I'd very much like to have different sounding headphones as well, but I'm not sure I'd like the sound lighter on bass than dt770.

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #382 of 1,056
If you listening albums of jazz of the ECM record company with M3 wireless you can hearing double bass with beautiful enveloping sound and decay, and is the same for the drums and percussion and piano, like the sounds is more close with reality of music in life, and the cymbals don't hurting your ears like dali, h9 or mw65 or etymotic.
A lot of Jazz recordings seperates the bass register from the upper bass very clearly so I wouldn't call tonal seperation in the lower register of smaller Jazz ensembles challenging for headphones. But please try that Prokofiev track that I recommended and you'll see how the Senns lets the lower register overpower the rest.
And about the higher register... No headphone adds frequenzies (i.e new tones), but the Momentum series rolls off quite obvious. Listen to Agnus Dei (Barber) with Dale Warland singers. About one minute in you'll hear 2 sopranos singing in a very high register. With the M3's it sounds as they are standing in the same spot and have very similar tone colour in their voices. On the Dali's (Or Senn HD599) you can hear that they are standing further apart and you can easily hear the different qualities in their voices.

I totally agree that the M3 are really fun to listen to, but I would not call them accurate, even if they are more accurate than the Sonys.

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #385 of 1,056
From my initial experience I would say call quality is neither stellar (Bose) nor bad (Sony) .. Its seems to be solidly tucked in the middle and as a consequence perfectly acceptable. I was properly audible and the other party was as well . :)

And to reference another post, even Bose does not compare to good quality office headsets such as Plantronics Voyager Focus or Jabra Evolve 75 (I had the former and have now jumped to the latter as my go-to telco headset) . But these office headsets are only average anyway when it comes to music, as well as their ANC capabilities... Those headsets simply are not good enough for travelling...

So in their own class (travelling ANC cans) call quality on the DALI is fine. To my knowledge there are no headphones yet that are at the same time audiophile and have stellar ANC and have crystal clear call quality and a boom microphone and are perfect for travelling and and and and :)

Great, thanks for your thorough reply! Today I use the cheapest Jabra Evolve 65, which I guess is only decent for Calls. It does not need to be fantastic, as long as the ones I am talking to hears me fine. It is not an open office. I'll have a closer look at the Dalis!

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #386 of 1,056
Would someone know how IO-6 bass compares to classic Beyerdynamic DT770 (80)? I'm not looking for the same sound signature, actually I'd very much like to have different sounding headphones as well, but I'm not sure I'd like the sound lighter on bass than dt770.

I think this would be a difficult comparison, as they are both completely different headphones by design. The only way possible is to do this with the Dali in passive mode connected to the same source as the DT770. Something I can already state by memory is that the Dali is in some ways similar to the Beyer with regards to sound stage; they both have a very wide and open sound signature (for a closed back headphone) although the Beyer clearly wins here.

Nov 13, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #387 of 1,056
Great, thanks for your thorough reply! Today I use the cheapest Jabra Evolve 65, which I guess is only decent for Calls. It does not need to be fantastic, as long as the ones I am talking to hears me fine. It is not an open office. I'll have a closer look at the Dalis!

My pleasure! Ironically when listening to music I prefer to be fully sealed off, but when talking in a conference call I actually prefer not to be too sealed off .. Because if I am, I tend to raise my voice too much, ...

I know, this mostly is very strange behavior by me and does not say anything about the quality of the headset that I am using ... But given the fact that I prefer my Plantronics UC5200 earpiece over my Jabra Evolve 75 ... :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .... That explains why call quality, even when I think the DALI are perfectly acceptable, in the end is not really relevant to me..

But hey .. to each his own preferences, right? :sunglasses:

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #389 of 1,056
Dali stay with me :)
H9 have too much sound leakage, which is very important for mine, because I often listen to music in quiet places where there are other people.
Besides, I like everything about them.
Unfortunately, most headphones have quite a lot of sound leakage and IO6 have one of the lowest I've ever heard.

Fully agree .. Even my Fiancee who has to sit through all my regular auditions of new cans commented that these were the first wireless cans in quite some time that she actually wasn't disturbed by ...

Also, from an SQ perspective, for me that means the following ... :
More PNI = Less need for ANC = Less negative impact on SQ & less pressure on the ears
(But that's more to be taken like a general statement I guess :))

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #390 of 1,056
Just a quick note on the IO 6: I'm really digging how these make older live recordings sound so vibrant and lively! The PX7 was completely the opposite; sucking the life out of older live recordings and making them sound boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back