Dali Headphones
Aug 31, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #1,021 of 1,056
Dali ended up sending me a new pair of headphones, but armed with the new pair I decided to try to repair my old ones. I couldn't tell you why, but taking them fully apart and putting them back together again seems to have fixed it. I did move the switch quickly back and forth once apart a bunch, like works with stereo knobs.
Could you give any hint how to open them without damage? Haven't found anything + also does not seem to be ovious to me. Probably you need to remove the speaker unites out of their hinges, but - how ???? Would be such a great help...

Oct 28, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #1,024 of 1,056
I like the io6 but I want a bit better anc so I tried the px8 today for about 10 minutes.. honestly to me the io6 sounds better.. the px8 was in contrast to the io6 overdoing it with the bass . Which made the overall sound muddy and the soundstage and separation is better on the io6... I thik they often seem forgotten due to the features and anc not being the best but the sound!!

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,025 of 1,056
As much as I love the sound of the iOs, the built and metarial quality is not up to par. After just one year of light-medium usage, the padding looks like it's a few years old and started to peal. Also, the paint on the cups easily chips away. In comparison, my previous Momentum M2s looked great even after 5 years of use, with no cracks in the pads leather or paint chips, although I took more care of the Dalis. Also the Sennheisers cost me half the price of the iO 6s.

Having to replace the ear pads every year is kinda disappointing...

Attachments

• 20221122_111435.jpg
    20221122_111435.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221122_112029.jpg
    20221122_112029.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #1,026 of 1,056
As much as I love the sound of the iOs, the built and metarial quality is not up to par. After just one year of light-medium usage, the padding looks like it's a few years old and started to peal. Also, the paint on the cups easily chips away. In comparison, my previous Momentum M2s looked great even after 5 years of use, with no cracks in the pads leather or paint chips, although I took more care of the Dalis. Also the Sennheisers cost me half the price of the iO 6s.

Having to replace the ear pads every year is kinda disappointing...
I was running into this issue with a lot of my cans as well, to the point where I had a bookmark on Amazon for replacing them lol, thankfully they were around $40 or so a pop which I considered worth the price.

I do miss the iO6 though. Was a painful and difficult return, I think I only did it because of their pricing at the time. Ended up going with the Beyerdynamic Lagoon which I definitely don't regret but damn did that thing have durability issues. 2 pairs down the road I put down both them and any further attempts at replacing them, went with a pair of Studio 6 BT speakers and cheapo in-ears for the last two years until landing a new job and splurging on the TH900's. Which didn't work out so well lol.

Fantastic sound on the 6 though, watched His Dark Materials with those cans while in a cabin in Virginia. Hell of an experience.

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #1,027 of 1,056
I was running into this issue with a lot of my cans as well, to the point where I had a bookmark on Amazon for replacing them lol, thankfully they were around $40 or so a pop which I considered worth the price.

I do miss the iO6 though. Was a painful and difficult return, I think I only did it because of their pricing at the time. Ended up going with the Beyerdynamic Lagoon which I definitely don't regret but damn did that thing have durability issues. 2 pairs down the road I put down both them and any further attempts at replacing them, went with a pair of Studio 6 BT speakers and cheapo in-ears for the last two years until landing a new job and splurging on the TH900's. Which didn't work out so well lol.

Fantastic sound on the 6 though, watched His Dark Materials with those cans while in a cabin in Virginia. Hell of an experience.
In fact, debating purchasing them again- either those or the PX8s, after the debaucle with the TH900 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back