Dad shot dead in front of his family... Craigslist deal
Jun 8, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #16 of 22
God what a horrible incident. Its really hard to feel safe when constantly being reminded how easy it is for something like this to happen. I cannot imagine how the family must be feeling, my heart goes out to them.

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #18 of 22
Wow... That ordeal would be horrific.. Good to see the father standing up for his family. What a hero in my eyes and im glad those scum w*nkers were found. Hope they rot in jail.

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #19 of 22
What happened was really horrible, but it could have been prevented. He was just too trusting and even held the meeting at his home. When answering to an ad or posting on craigslist, it advised everyone to meet in a public area where people are present in case anything should happen. I think Ebay would have been the best option to avoid all of this.

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:
Wow... That ordeal would be horrific.. Good to see the father standing up for his family.

No, not really. The father likely would have lived through the ordeal if he didn't. Some actions are poor percentage plays, and going hand to hand with a pistol wielding thug who has plenty of backup is one of them.

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #21 of 22
Considering it's US, I think they'll get either life or serious years behind bars. If I were in jury I'd probably back either death or life penalty. That's because they were four of them, premeditating this act, and did this to a family man who just wanted to protect his family. I can't understand why they needed to shoot to kill the man, even without gun, the three guys could easily overpower the man. This is just cruel and placing very little value to human life. Death penalty all the way I say.
What I like about US is at least they are strict when it comes to punishment. If those four animals did that in Australia, I can bet you they'd get at max 20 years (and that's if they're unlucky). The punishment here in Aussie is so soft it's disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back