Dad passed away yesterday
Apr 5, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #76 of 102
Awww dude. I am so sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to you and your family. Stay strong and may God be with you.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #77 of 102
My condolences to you and your family. It's good to see that your father had such a loving family and such great friends. It seems that he lived a good life and was a loving man. I hope you and yours are doing relatively well.

Take care, and live so he would have been proud.
Best wishes, and again, terribly sorry for your loss.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #78 of 102
I add my condolences to all the others here. Please don't forget to take gentle care of yourself in the coming months. I know you will be trying to "be there" for other family members - but don't forget yourself as you go through this journey. Yours posts are touching & inspiring & I think remind us all to treasure every second with those we love. Thank you for that gift to us.

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #80 of 102
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May you find peace in knowing that your dad was dearly loved by so many and that he gave so much love in return.

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #81 of 102
sorry for your loss. in my high school, a freshman and a sophomore was killed last month, and made me realize how close death is to every one of us. your post definitely adds to that realization. as a chinese saying goes, fight the grief and accept the changes. stay strong.

Apr 5, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #82 of 102
Condolences, glad he didn't suffer too long/much... be strong/hang in there, but if you need to then let yourself fall apart as well, without shame. Peace...

Apr 5, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #83 of 102
Sorry to hear this. My father died from lung cancer and a brain tumour a few years ago. The sad thing is he responded well to chemo and radiation several years before that and got rid of a tumour in his nose. I suspect the lung cancer was already growing, but went undetected. Once we heard the terminal diagnosis, we could intellectually process that his time was limited, but nothing prepares you for the emotional shock, even though you know it's coming. I had a few months to prep - I feel bad your prep time was so short. My thoughts are with you.

Apr 5, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #84 of 102
My heartfelt condolences. Be strong, you and your family are in my prayers.

Apr 5, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #85 of 102
hey bro, im so saddened by this event and my condolences go out to you and your family. I know that he is watching over you smiling. My roommate recently lost her mother to a car accident and it was devastating to her because she did not imagine her mother dying this way. Im glad that at least you were able to see and be with your dad before he past away. It is going to be a rough couple of months and i encourage you to stay strong during these tough times because i know God is taking good care of your dad and he is in a better place right now. Just remember your father's memories will always live on and that he will always be with you in spirit. Take Care bro and i pray that it gets better for you in the incoming weeks.

Best Regards, Minh

Apr 5, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #86 of 102
I am very sorry for you loss. I've been away for a few weeks, so I've only seen this now.
I don't really know what to say in a situation like this .. it must be very difficult to deal with this, but try to focus on the good times you all had together, and remember he is always with you .

Be strong, and once again my condolences
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #87 of 102
I lost my dad when I was ten. To this day I can't help to feel like I lost the only person who truly loved me and was the only decent human being around me. I know your pain is great, and believe me when I tell you that it will never be gone, but you can bury it a bit under the memories of the love your father gave you and all the teachings and knowledge he transmited to you. I am sorry if I sound harsh, but there´s nothing capable of erasing the pain of loosing your dad, a death like that is not something trivial. But, in the end, you can be sure that, in a way that's really hard to explain, he will be always with you, because there´s no bigger love than the one a good parent gives to his or her children. Even if you do not believe in God or in the metaphysical, he will be still a part of your life. Maybe, even, coming to you in dreams or giving you a feeling that he's near. That happens, I can assure you that. Take care and do not despair, remember him and try your best to be as good as he was.

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #89 of 102
At long last, he lies in repose; at last and everlastingly, he veers away from the earth like sweet familiar music transposed into ether. Having known and embodied his family's ultimate emotion, he carries this feeling with him like sunlight woven. May his memory inspire that feeling in you. May the peace he feels now help to calm you during difficult moments.

Strange, that awful luck and fortuity seem always intertwined: Though you must grieve and deal with the pain, in some ways, you are lucky. Lucky, to have had such an affectionate and inspiring father in your life. Lucky, to have been with him toward the end; to have had the chance to say whatever needed saying. Luckier still, to have been able to make peace with his passing. Nothing is worse than to feel one's father worsen and wither from very far away. Remember that your father kept you near.

In a way, he is gone, and yet you will always have him. No matter how many years pass, you will always be able to hear his voice. His image will remain as vivid as it seems now. You will still benefit from his advice, will still be able to imagine what he would say. You'll feel his hand on your shoulder, always, as time winds down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back