Dacmagic, yulong D100, or something else?
Mar 22, 2011 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dadab12

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, what would you recommend as a dedicated dac?
The yulong D100 or the dacmagic or even Audio GD NFB2 ?
I'm really contemplating, I've seen technical issues with the D100 by certian members here. so i'm kinda scared and I don't have time or will to deal with warranty issues.
the dacmagic looks really nice but it's alittle bit outdated(?)
i'll be running the dac with ibasso PB2 as an amp for now, I'll be using ultrasone pro 900 headphones and plan ob buying LCD-2 in the future...with a higher-end amplifier when needed.

Side note, should I add more $$ and buy the Corda StageDac?

Thank you guys in advance.

Nadav

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #3 of 6
> I've seen technical issues with the D100 by certian members here. so i'm kinda scared and I don't have time or will to deal with warranty issues.

already blew $90 on shipping it back (mine overheated and failed, not just 'technical issues'). On the bright side if I saved up for an audio-gd dac they would've refunded the shipping if it went back on warranty within the first year. (and I didn't molest it with an axe)

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 6
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, I saw many people selling it, returning it back, etc...
I'm just really curious about the StageDac's features. they seem very interesting... on the other end the DacMagic uses the same chips and is almost half the price. with pretty much the same capabilities... What do you guys say I should do?

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 6
you might look at the HRT music streamer II+. async USB and mike at headfonia liked it more than a dacmagic. best of all, if all you need is USB, it's $350

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks mate, I'm really into the StageDac now, i\m looking for something that would last a long time, and would be capable of driving top-tier headphones later on.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back