DAC w/Crossfeed
Sep 16, 2007 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

PolkManiac

100+ Head-Fier
Is there a DAC out there that has crossfeed capability, at a decent price? I know of several amps that have it, but I'm already covered on that front, so I'm just looking for a crossfeed device or at most a DAC with crossfeed.

I've noticed quite a bit of channel separation on some older recordings (think Beatles, Herb Alpert, and lots of the jazz stuff around the same time). I'm wondering how a crossfeed device would change what I'm hearing, and would like to give it a shot.

Any recommendations?

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 12
Sep 19, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 12
Sep 19, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolkManiac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a DAC out there that has crossfeed capability, at a decent price? I know of several amps that have it, but I'm already covered on that front, so I'm just looking for a crossfeed device or at most a DAC with crossfeed.

I've noticed quite a bit of channel separation on some older recordings (think Beatles, Herb Alpert, and lots of the jazz stuff around the same time). I'm wondering how a crossfeed device would change what I'm hearing, and would like to give it a shot.

Any recommendations?

It's not vary relevant, I know, but I'm getting good quality SQ from a Rockboxed iRiver iHP-140, and Rockbox has crossfeed, not in the DAC, not in the amp, but in the source!

Sep 19, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 12
Anybody has been mistaken that Rockbox has "better" crossfeed system than those 3 above?

Sep 20, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get a separate DAC and a separate crossfeed circuit!

Will cost more no ?

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get a separate DAC and a separate crossfeed circuit!

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I can get my hands on one os several DACs that I like, but I need a standalone crossfeed circuit.

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolkManiac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I can get my hands on one os several DACs that I like, but I need a standalone crossfeed circuit.

jan meier used to sell a device called the Corda Cross

maybe email him to see if he has any old stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back