DAC to pair with Schiit Asgard? (Time to split them up)
Apr 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I think it's about time I split up my DAC and Amp.

I'm looking for a DAC to pair with (possibly) a Schiit Asgard. I've heard good things about Schiit, and I love the over all look of the amp itself.

I've been doing some looking but haven't found anything particular that has really made me say I WANT THAT. I'd like to keep the look consistent with the Schiit design. Of course it's always quality first, looks second, but I'm shallow enough to want them to match.

Try to keep it under $300 USD. Thanks!

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Wait for the schiit dac...... atleast you will know that its going to work well with your amp.  Otherwise look at a cheap dac from audio-gd.

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #5 of 7
Sounds like a good plan. I was looking at the Matrix Cube as an option, but I am excited about the Schiit DAC.

Quote:
Wait for the schiit dac...... atleast you will know that its going to work well with your amp.  Otherwise look at a cheap dac from audio-gd.

May 5, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 7
Wow, we think alike. I have an Asguard and am waiting for the Schiit DAC to come out; chose to get a Matrix Cube in the interim. I've been very happy with it. Once I buy a Schiit DAC, I'll take the Matrix Cube to work and leave it there as my work-place amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back