Dac reccomendation 100-150 price range
May 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

skormee

New Head-Fier
Hello, the Dac that I had in the past was the Emu 0404 usb but I ended up frying it with water in an accident. Now i'm in need of a new Dac, for my k701>heed setup. Havn't been to this site in a few years so its been a bit difficult to find what i need on the forums. Any suggestions very much appreciated.

May 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 8
Did you like the 0404?  If so, the new 0204 might be perfect for you..  and it's in your price range. It has the same DAC as the 0404 but with less input/output flexibility

May 19, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 8
Buy another emu 0404, it is honestly one the best measuring dac's you can buy at pretty much any price.
I recently did a few blind test's with dac's and the results were fairly shocking.
I found that almost all of the dac's sounded very very similar. 

May 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #5 of 8
IMO you should extend you budget slightly and get one of these highly regarded award winners:

I breifly heard the CI Audio VDA-2 but at an audio shop, so do not have extensive knowledge of its sonics but from what I heard it was very nice. I have not heard the MF V-DAC but there are plenty of glowing reviews for both of these units on the web. I would try to hear both of these units at some local dealers before you make an online purchase.

Channel Islands VDA-2
Musical Fidelity V-DAC

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #8 of 8
@Radioboy
Pls stop spamming/trolling. You've already created a dozen threads about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back