Dac giving me bluescreen!
Apr 18, 2014 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Androb

500+ Head-Fier
Hello!
I got issues with my external dac.

It is an Hegel HD20, and i'm using its Coaxial input. My pc have the Asus STX soundcard, with spdif out.
Everything is ok, when im using 16bit and w/e bitrate. But when I change to 24bit, my pc crashes a little bit after, not allways at the same time.
I'm wondering if anyone would know what causes it?

Thanks, appreciate any response :)

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 5
Probably a driver and USB 2.0 issue.  My guess is you are using USB 1.0 instead of 2.0 which is needed to smoothly control a 24-bit device.

Do you have an ASIO driver installed?

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 5
If you are using coaxial out, then you dont need to worry about the dac causing the blue screen, almost guarantee its the asus

Honestly the best thing to do would be to try this driver, and try the different interface options till you find the one that fits best  http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

If you dont want to change your soundcard driver then there are other steps you can take, but I will need more information, mostly which music player are you using, whether you are using asio or wasapi, and which windows you are using

If you are selecting 24 bit in the xonar audio center and it is blue screening, than you will have no choice but to update the driver

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 5
Hey! I am using foobar, dunno what asio or wasapi is. I am running win7 64bit.

Ehm no I am right clicking the audio icon down the right and change the properties there :)

Cheers, will test that driver you linked!

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 5
Seems like no drivers could fix my error. Found an USB cable instead so I plugged it straight into the MOBO and it seems to work now. I guess it's my soundcard that is faulty :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back