DAC for Sony DVD 7700?
Oct 8, 2005 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jxb2

100+ Head-Fier
Any thoughts on suitable DACs fom a Sony DVD7700 being used as a transport. Had been using the Sony for redbook CD playback, but got Aracam 73 which is miles better. Wondering if Sony is worth salvaging and best route to do it. Thanks.

Oct 9, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 3
Is this Sony DVP-S7700 you're talking about? If it is, it works well as a transport - which is how I'm using mine. Do a search at Audio Asylum and you should find plenty of threads/posts commenting on how well it works as a redbook transport. IIRC, the review in Stereophile magazine some time back compared it to Mark Levinson #37 and said it was almost as good as the Levinson.

Unfortunately, I can't personally comment on how it compares to expensive high-end transports since I've never owned high-end transports. FWIW, I like it better than my Philips as a transport.

Oct 9, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 3
IIRC, bozebuttons used to have a DVD7700 that was upgraded by ModWright. He used it as a transport for a Marc Levinson DAC (36 or 360?) at the time. Dunno exactly what mods were done to the player by Modwright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back