DAC Comparable to D100? (Considering D100, looking for other options)
Apr 11, 2011 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
So. I'm desperately trying to find a DAC replacement because right now I've still got an E7. My D7000s will be here Thursday (if all goes well) and I want to have them on a new DAC (and possibly replace the E9 in the process) as fast as possible.

I've been wanting to upgrade for awhile, and now it's time. Budget is ~500 USD, and I'd like inputs comparable to the D100. I'm just trying to go over all my options before I pull the trigger. Attractive looks is always a plus.

Thanks!

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Come to think of it, the Denons are very efficient.  Have you ever stumbled across Poetik?  He's owned the WA6, a couple of LD amps, the HDP, and Audio-GD's NFB-12 (similar to the FUN) before settling on the NFB-11 (with the D7000).  He might be able to help with first-hand impressions.  Can-specific advice should be more useful. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 5
The Icon mobile is nothing like the HDP. The HDP is definitely one of the best dacs/amps under $500. If you're purely looking for a dac I think the Audio-gd products would suit your needs and budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back