dac and amp or just a amp?
Dec 26, 2014 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

wildreef

New Head-Fier
so if I have the lg g2 which already does 24 192 should I bother with a DAC/amp like the fiio or just get a amp because the fiio only dose 24 96 or does anyone else have any suggestions for Android Portable amps it would be nice if I could use it for my PC and PlayStation aswell but mostly just looking for portable

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 14
I think you'll be fine with just an amp in your case for the phone and playstation. It's really a case of how much you want to spend, Topping NX1 is a good way to test water levels or FiiO E11K.

Far as your PC is concerned then you might want to add a dac/amp like FiiO E10k or SMSL M2, again without your budget I'm just throwing entry affordable level out there.

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 14
yeah I wish I could find an answer to that too. Idk if I should buy a really nice portable amp or portable amp dac? I have no idea if it is going to make that big of a dfference but wish I could get an answer.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #7 of 14
I just looked up the nx1 do you think that would be enough for AKG q701 . For now till I can save my pennies.

Sure, if you just want to test the water levels NX1 is fine. If you want to spend a larger amount then JDS C5, or Cayin C5 are good places to start researching. The Cayin is quite a big / long amp though. Pop those amps I mentioned into the Head-fi search bar, find their threads and have a read.

yeah I wish I could find an answer to that too. Idk if I should buy a really nice portable amp or portable amp dac? I have no idea if it is going to make that big of a dfference but wish I could get an answer.

What do you want to plug the amp into? Your phone? 

Jan 9, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #10 of 14
If you are looking for an amp, you should also look at the Fiio E12.  It has a dual gain switch so you can run IEM's through it, as well as power hungry phones like the K701 etc..  I think its really great for the price..

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #12 of 14
The jds seem to be the best with its channel balance and better volume control and three way bass boost but its the most expensive the cayin almost seems like the sweet spot with it good power low noise and not as bass heavy sound signature with good sound stage the e12 to me seem out because of the congested sound stage and bloated bass or am i way off and should save the money and get the e12

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #13 of 14
The jds seem to be the best with its channel balance and better volume control and three way bass boost but its the most expensive the cayin almost seems like the sweet spot with it good power low noise and not as bass heavy sound signature with good sound stage the e12 to me seem out because of the congested sound stage and bloated bass or am i way off and should save the money and get the e12

I have the JDS Labs C5D (currently only used as amp with my X5) and should receive my Cayin C5 on Sunday. Can update you about the differences. Was not really interested in the E12 so far but I think the E12 DIY could be interesting.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back