DAC/AMP to pair with ES5.
Apr 23, 2012 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kaikai1805

Head-Fier
hi, im planning on getting a DAC/AMP to solve the problem of having "noise" of my laptop. Any suggestions?

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #2 of 10
Please search the forums first to come up with a few options based on your budget etc.  You'll also find reviews.

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
Please search the forums first to come up with a few options based on your budget etc.  You'll also find reviews.

was considering Pico, ODAC, ibasso D7. any comments?

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 10
Well, the ODAC is the cheapest, but its only a DAC, and will start selling after May.
The rest are DAC/AMP Combos.
Personally I like standalone DAC because I can connect any amp I want. Maybe the other two also have line out options.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 10
budget about 400usd?

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 10
I found the D7 to be noisy with my customs (UERM).  The HRT Headstreamer is inexpensive, but good for the money.  It's also very quiet; downside is the limited volume range for sensitive customs.

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I found the D7 to be noisy with my customs (UERM).  The HRT Headstreamer is inexpensive, but good for the money.  It's also very quiet; downside is the limited volume range for sensitive customs.

I've heard good things about the HRT too, but it doesn't have volume control on the go right? 

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 10
I have a pair of Westone ES5's paired with a Pico DAC/Amp combo. I'm a discerning listener—not an audiophile blackbelt by any means—but for me the hassle of carrying around the amplifier when I'm doing anything besides sitting at my desk isn't worth it, so I typically have them plugged in straight to the iPhone (at the gym, cleaning the house, taking a walk, etc). Doesn't sound as good, but it's better than having to wear a fanny pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back