DAC/Amp for Alessandro MS-2 (2013)
Aug 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pandemic187

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I've had the MS-2 for a while now, and I'm finally ready to start doing it justice by driving it with better hardware. I'm brand new to this stuff, so you'll have to bear with me. I have found some similar threads, but most of them are pretty old. Obviously I have questions. Keep in mind I'm looking at a fairly limited budget for now, mainly because I'm so new to this stuff that I don't know if spending thousands of dollars would be worth it to me. I have to try things out first. That said, I would look to spend $400 or less on the two components.

First: Nowadays there are sound cards with built-in amps, such as the Claro Halo. Does anyone know if this is a good route to go for the MS-2 specifically, and if so what card would be good for it? I have a crappy X-Fi 5.1 card right now, so this could be a good way to kill two birds with one stone. I also might need a better card to even do an external amp justice.

As far as external amps, I've seen a lot of people mention the Little Dot 1+. Are there any newer, better options? If this one is good, how about a DAC?

Sorry for being a huge n00b but I'm still just trying to figure things out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back