DAC/Amp Combo
Nov 27, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #18 of 28
You can just get a Schiit Modi3 and Asgard3.

Returns won't require a translation delay too.

This is another good option, the only downside I see about buying them new is that Schiit charges an extra $20 or so for tax and a little over $20 or more for any of the shipping options available to me. If I can find them used for around the same price that would be better but I think I still like the AudioGD options better because its an all in one solution.

Nov 27, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #19 of 28
If buying new is something you wanna stick to, Drop is having a sale in the SDAC+LCX combo. I liked the LCX when I owned it, and Grace makes very nice DACs for the price.

Otherwise, you could do a lot worse than a used Audio-gd combo.

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #20 of 28
If buying new is something you wanna stick to, Drop is having a sale in the SDAC+LCX combo. I liked the LCX when I owned it, and Grace makes very nice DACs for the price.

I found a couple of good condition used nfb-11.28’s on ebay so I’m gonna try to go for those first. I will definitely check those out if the ebay one’s fall through. Thanks!

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #21 of 28

I took a look at that SDAC and LCX combo, it looks really nice especially having the balanced output as well but there is not optical or line in, unless I’m mistaken.

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #22 of 28
I took a look at that SDAC and LCX combo, it looks really nice especially having the balanced output as well but there is not optical or line in, unless I’m mistaken.

Derp. You’re right. Sorry! I forgot the SDAC section only has USB input.

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #24 of 28
You are mistaken about the line input it has balanced and single ended intups.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #26 of 28
Looks like it has rca, balanced, and usb input but no optical or 3.5mm in. I need either an optical or 3.5mm input.
Well a 3.5mm connection could easily be made with a cable 3.5 to stereo rca if you are wanting analog connection. You can also get the LCX without a dac and get one with optical as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back