D5000 vs SR 225 (bass!)
Sep 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Callas

Head-Fier
Hi all!

I heard sooo much about Grado SR 225 that it is a great can for rock n roll n has great bass! I have Denon AH-D5000 and this one is known for great bass as well I know. Should I just pass or are they really different indeed and worth having both? Anyone? I'm looking for the ONE for electronica music if not D5000. Thank you!!!

Sep 3, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 11
It's true that I really want to try SR 225 at some point but seems like I already have a great can for electronica/house stuffs! Thank you for your words guys! Feel free to give me more feedbacks though~ ^o^

Sep 3, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #6 of 11
ii have the 225s and i would not recommend them for electronic, though i do'nt listen to that genre i can clearly hear that they would not be the right cans...my dt-990s for example will do electronica much better, due to thunderous bass, your denon will do as good...you heared that the 225 have great bass, yes, damn great for rock'n'roll but not for other genres. IMO
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, no you don't.

Agreed, I don't think you need THAT much bass. Aslong as it's detailed and refined electronica will sound good.. I'm not much of a bass head though. Funny thing is, I really like electronica!

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, no you don't.

It wasn't a statement, it was a command
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back