d25s power supply
Nov 11, 2002 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Headphoneus Supremus
i think seriously to buy a D25s, i don't particularly need a portable, i just want something i can bring easily back to belgium at the end of the year.

the problem is the wallwart power supply. in europe, we run on 220-240v. the recommended power supply is a 9V, regulated, 800mA AC adapter.

it would cost me a lot to find a converter 120 to 220V or to buy a new ac adapter in belgium. can I use a 120 to 240V in input, 9V, 1500mA ac adapter ?? it 's just at 20$ at radioshack, with the choice of the adapta-plug ( http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...id=273%2D1771# )

Nov 11, 2002 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 5
You could also build an external battery pack for not much money.
You could use rechargeables in it to save on repeatedly buying batteries.

Radio Shack has all the parts you need for this, inlcuding a battery compartment with an on/off switch built in.

Nov 11, 2002 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by akar
You could also build an external battery pack for not much money.
You could use rechargeables in it to save on repeatedly buying batteries.

Radio Shack has all the parts you need for this, inlcuding a battery compartment with an on/off switch built in.

why to make complicated ? i don't wanna play with battery and stuff like this. i just wanna switch my power on the wall in the usa AND in continental europe. i don't think it would cost me less to use batteries you have to reload and anyway to change due to declining performances

all i want to know is this : can i use the linked ac adapter with a sony d-25s ?

btw, i think i ve found a part of my answer in the ss auction "the power supply is a 9V 600mA or Higher Pos. Outside, Neg. Inside, tip size M"

''600mA or higher'' seems ok then for a ''Maximum Current 1500mA'' adapter but what means pos. outside, neg. outside in this case? (i forgot everything of my high school courses on basic electricity
rolleyes.gif
)

Nov 12, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by 00940
but what means pos. outside, neg. outside in this case? (i forgot everything of my high school courses on basic electricity
rolleyes.gif
)

This refers to the tip polarity.

The center pin should be negative and the outside of the tip should be positive for the D-25S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back