D2000. PRO 900. DT 770 or XB1000 ?
Jan 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:
XB1000 would be best if ALL you care about is bass quantity. DT770 is pretty bass heavy but not as much as the XB1000. However almost everything else is better. No idea about the PRO900.

Not necessarily. You'd be surprised how neutral the XB1000 is - most neutral of the XB line. If you want to use EQ, then then XB can be EQ'd to be bass cannons - with better bass quality than Pro 900.

I also completely agree with Mal about the suer hot high-end of the Pro 900. I owned it twice and just couldn't get past it. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #18 of 28
I've heard most of them and I can extrapolate what xb1000 sound likes from my xb700..

you seriously can't go wrong with xb700 or xb1000 for dubstep... d2000 would be good too but i personally am not a fan of ultrasone's fit or soundstage

dt770 needs a decent amp but IMO the sound is too closed

I'd personally go with fiio E17 + XB1000 = WIN

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Not necessarily. You'd be surprised how neutral the XB1000 is - most neutral of the XB line. If you want to use EQ, then then XB can be EQ'd to be bass cannons - with better bass quality than Pro 900.

I also completely agree with Mal about the suer hot high-end of the Pro 900. I owned it twice and just couldn't get past it. 

same applies to xb700, you need an EQ to turn them into subwoofers.. OP should be focusing on bass quality not quantity.. since quantity can be EQ'd to subwoofer levels on all these basshead cans listed in OP

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #20 of 28
I'm just saying the Pro 900 is much more V-shaped than the XB1000, and the OP shouldn't think the XB1000 is a bass cannon without EQ, because it's not (basically the opposite of what post #2 reads). You're right. EQ must be used. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #21 of 28
looks like a lot of people hate on the XB1000 why do you guys like them ? also do you think they are better than the DT770 ? Keep in mind I am mostly looking for fun headphone I know I posted I might use them DJ but I am not to worried about that I have plenty of Friends with DJ cans that i could use if need be. Thanks again much appreciated

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #22 of 28
The only time I use them is when I want to "bass-out." 

I can't really recommend them. You love or hate the giant earpad/pillows, and the sound can be either expansive and club-like, or screetchy and hollow depending on how you hear it. I don't use them without EQ, and I don't think they are  great for much. Those giant drivers smear together the midrange and treble detail. They are not a hi-fi sound. They are an underground rave sound. Can be fun, or not. Depends on what you like. I think there are much safer bets, personally. I don't know much about the Beyers, but if Mal likes them, I'd run with that. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #25 of 28
There ya go! Always try if you can. 

Buy from someone that has a great return policy, like Amazon, and you can try anything you want as long as you don't mind a little in return shipping if you don't like 'em. I'd keep it to Amazon and not their Marketplace vendors, unless they are known around here. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #28 of 28
Yes I have always been into music and good sound I have a pretty decent Mackie sound system that I love but I have yet to delve much into the headphone realm yet. I have some catching up to do : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back