D2000. PRO 900. DT 770 or XB1000 ?
Jan 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Brambleberry

New Head-Fier
HI there everybody would love advice on some new phones I am pretty new to the headphone world all I have owned so far are a pair of ATH M50's. I really like bass and what i would like is good bass with out sacrificing to much of the mids and highs and I probably will be listening to a lot of dubstep but i listen to plenty of other kinds of music as well. I know there are tons of of other threads with similar topics (if not the same)   butt since it is  kind of a big purchase ($300-$400 with amp) the more input the better thanks for the help much appreciated.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 28
is there one you like more A900x or DT770? i have read a lot about dt770's but have not heard much about the A900x I mostly want them for fun listening maybe a little dj use (everybody's a dj these days) lol thanks again much appreciated.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:
is there one you like more A900x or DT770? i have read a lot about dt770's but have not heard much about the A900x I mostly want them for fun listening maybe a little dj use (everybody's a dj these days) lol.

Heya,

I like both.

Based on what you're saying though the DT770 is probably more ideal for you, as it will survive you dropping them more often.

Very best,

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 28
i am not to worried about how sturdy they are how do they compare to the m50's do they have better bass or are they more musical 'etc' since thats the only pair i have really spent time with thanks again for the help.

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 28
Why you didn't suggest d2k's, Mal?
I see only two options there: d2k's and dt770 pro. Others just would not impress. I'm leaning towards d2k's because of the bigger soundstage. Dt 770s is your only way if you want isolation, though.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #14 of 28
there is a pair of D2000 on amazon for $325 slightly used is that a lot more then they originally cost ? thanks again.

I believe MSRP was $349, I got mine for $230 but that was a year ago.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:
Mal on another thread you praise the pro 900 why don't you recommend it anymore?

Heya,

The PRO900 is a beautiful headphone, with pretty nice bass, and a neat sound stage. But beyond that, it's daggers in the ears with it's treble, and it's mids are sucked into a vortex. Also, it's bass is mostly mid-bass. I liked it for a while, until I tasted Denons. Denons dropped all the sub-bass goodness that I could want, without the mid-bass bloat, and without the distant quiet mids and without the overly spiked treble. The Denon sound simply was the bass-head audiophile treat I was looking for. Since then, I've enjoyed a lot of headphones, and the PRO900 simply isn't one of them. I find the distant mids and piercing treble to simply be too much of a con to even recommend it to most people who aren't looking for a sibilant bass cannon. There are other headphones that can do the job these days.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back