D2000 lawton pads, and AKG K242HD
Mar 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

WiR3D

We intend to hurt him...quite a bit. very_evil_smiley.gif
Well i just bought a k242HD and I'm very impressed by the quality of the sound, build quality and comfort dont match my D2k.

And i had a bright idea, let me replace the pads on the K242 so i was looking to see if the akg k70x pads will fit, and couldnt find any conclusive answers.

Then i took off my my D2k pads and boom they will fit, the problem being if i make it permanent i wont be able to put them back on my D2k.

So time to get another set of pads for my d2k. Are the LA pads really worth it? $100 is a bit much considering the K242 cost me $90 and the D2k only cost me $220.

Or should i just buy stock pads for the k242?

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Well I just bought a k242HD and I'm very impressed by the quality of the sound, build quality and comfort don't match my D2k.
And i had a bright idea, let me replace the pads on the K242 so i was looking to see if the AKG k70x pads will fit, and couldn't find any conclusive answers.
Then i took off my my D2k pads and boom they will fit, the problem being if i make it permanent i wont be able to put them back on my D2k.
So time to get another set of pads for my d2k. Are the LA pads really worth it? $100 is a bit much considering the K242 cost me $90 and the D2k only cost me $220.
Or should i just buy stock pads for the k242?

I've been using K242HD for three days now, can't find anything wrong with the stock Velour ear pads.
Can't see the reason anyone would want to change the stock ear pads.
Help enlighten to why you want to replace them?

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 3
I like the D2k pads more, more comfort, not as hot, better frequency response across the board.
Highs are a bit much tho, but Im hoping that will burn in, and opamps could fix that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back