D2 or iAudio7???
Feb 14, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #16 of 21
well, perhaps it only responds well to a specific encoder as my mp4 files at 1.5 mpbs encoded using mencoder and a series of very high quality linux converters which looked heavenly on my computer and on tv, were not decoded well at all on the d2 - streaks and shadows. so

you have to have windows maybe to run this machine to its fullest... quite boring. audio is for the most part great though!

PLUS: i would not expect you to not like any cowon product. or deliver a non-love to it. it is not bad, but it does not stand up with video encoding if you cannotu use nice encoders and have to rely on iriver encoder and jetaudio. even ipod is not this tied into software. cheers

Feb 15, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #17 of 21
I own a D2 and though I love the SQ and expandability the UI can be a little frustrating at times.

I have heard the audio 7's UI has a bit of a learning curve to it as well so you'll want some input from some 7 users here.

Feb 15, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #18 of 21
looks like both players are unintuitive. I'd go with the i7 b/c of that cool sleek black with the grooves.
For music I hate to toy around with a little touch screen. On the other hand the i7 isn't really to-the-point either...just saying the d2's touch screen really isn't all that cool (it's not big enough and there's no cool apps like the itouch has).

Feb 15, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #19 of 21
i have tried out the X5, D2 and i7.

Hiss from less to most
X5 > D2 > i7

SQ (X5 wins this hands down)
X5 > D2 > i7

Battery Life
i7 > D2 > X5

Player dimensions
i7 > D2 > X5

Player Capacity
D2 > i7 > D2 w/ Card > X5

from what i've seen, the D2 touchscreen seems more gimmicky.
I'd buy the D2

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #20 of 21
gimmicky....is a good thing? too cutesy and pointless to me. the only real touchscreen function seems to be that little drawing app. I'd rather have a clean sleek look vs the "miniaturized" look.

the D2 IS good for video. The display color is 16,ooo,ooo vs 64,ooo (standard 2.5" 320x240 screens). If you used a zen, then you know how crisp the D2 screen is. Even the ZVM is only 262k color screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back