D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey
Jan 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #76 of 562

Congrats! Can't wait for your impressions as always!
popcorn.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #78 of 562

Thanks Wayne! I'm still in the process of figuring out what format works well for me. I'm grateful for everyone's feedback because I believe in constructive criticism.

Judging by how positively your reviews/impressions are being received, I think that your "process quest" is pretty much done!

Btw, I just re-read your DN1000 vs H200 review. It was great btw. It does make me wish that I had the DN1000's, but I know that you still hold your H200's in high regard, and whenever I listen to my H200's, all I can say is that I am very happy with them. So my DN1000 resistance is still intact for a while.

As you mentioned though, I should wait for more Sony H3 impressions. The question is, when are you getting some H3's so that you can so eloquently inform the masses "what is what"? Somebody should just lend you a pair so that you can provide your excellent impression services! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #79 of 562

Judging by how positively your reviews/impressions are being received, I think that your "process quest" is pretty much done!

Btw, I just re-read your DN1000 vs H200 review. It was great btw. It does make me wish that I had the DN1000's, but I know that you still hold your H200's in high regard, and whenever I listen to my H200's, all I can say is that I am very happy with them. So my DN1000 resistance is still intact for a while.

As you mentioned though, I should wait for more Sony H3 impressions. The question is, when are you getting some H3's so that you can so eloquently inform the masses "what is what"? Somebody should just lend you a pair so that you can provide your excellent impression services! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers mate!

As for the H3, I contacted Sony Australia and unfortunately they're not planning to release it here just yet. It's hard to purchase a costly IEM when there's no full proof warranty from overseas sellers. So for now, I'll just have to wait. Aside from that, I'm determined to get the Noble 4 so any other high end purchases will have to wait.

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #80 of 562
Damn dmarc, you are rated A for awesome in my book! You took the time to review these indvidiual iems and even wanted the budget peos to correct the more expensive one!

It sucks to hear that it did not work out that way, but hey, you at least have two different sigs!

I didn't know that the xba-3 was actually good against it, that is, until you modified the peos, thanks for your lengthy and detailed reviews! I'm going to reread those comparisons of the peos 200, xba, and 100, and will also read the rest sometime tomorrow. 

Well done, friend. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #81 of 562
Damn dmarc, you are rated A for awesome in my book! You took the time to review these indvidiual iems and even wanted the budget peos to correct the more expensive one!

It sucks to hear that it did not work out that way, but hey, you at least have two different sigs!

I didn't know that the xba-3 was actually good against it, that is, until you modified the peos, thanks for your lengthy and detailed reviews! I'm going to reread those comparisons of the peos 200, xba, and 100, and will also read the rest sometime tomorrow. 

Well done, friend. :beerchug:

Thanks Vlenbo! Your impressions are great as well. Good to know you like my write-ups. Nothing really serious, just wanted to help out new members just as the veterans did the same for me when I started this hobby.

UPDATE: The Brainwavz R3 is here. Just waiting for the Havi B3 to arrive and it'll be an awesome three-way comparison against the M200.

Cheers!

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #82 of 562

Cheers mate!

As for the H3, I contacted Sony Australia and unfortunately they're not planning to release it here just yet. It's hard to purchase a costly IEM when there's no full proof warranty from overseas sellers. So for now, I'll just have to wait. Aside from that, I'm determined to get the Noble 4 so any other high end purchases will have to wait.

I have not heard Noble personally, but I've heard Heir 4.Ai and I have 3.Ai and 5.0, based on that, to me, Heir 5.0 sounds so much better compared to 3.Ai and 4.Ai (I actually prefer 3.Ai's sound rather than 4.Ai's)

I have no idea how similar/different Heir 5.0 and Noble 5 signature, but if I were you, I'd do some readings on Noble 5 before pulling the trigger on the 4 
wink_face.gif

just my 2 cents...

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #83 of 562
I have not heard Noble personally, but I've heard Heir 4.Ai and I have 3.Ai and 5.0, based on that, to me, Heir 5.0 sounds so much better compared to 3.Ai and 4.Ai (I actually prefer 3.Ai's sound rather than 4.Ai's)

I have no idea how similar/different Heir 5.0 and Noble 5 signature, but if I were you, I'd do some readings on Noble 5 before pulling the trigger on the 4 :wink_face:

just my 2 cents...

Thanks for your input. May I ask why you didn't like the 4.Ai? The reason why I'm getting the noble 4 is because I need a reference / neutral sounding universal iem that'll help me standardize my reviews. If you have other suggestions in the 400+ range it'll be greatly appreciated.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #84 of 562
Subbed, looking forward to your dual dynamic comparison :)
Thank you!

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #85 of 562
Thanks for your input. May I ask why you didn't like the 4.Ai? The reason why I'm getting the noble 4 is because I need a reference / neutral sounding universal iem that'll help me standardize my reviews. If you have other suggestions in the 400+ range it'll be greatly appreciated.

Noble reason! :)  I'll have to find out more about them.

Have you heard of the Nuforce Primo 8? I learned of them via dsnuts:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/696804/nuforce-primo-8-an-audiophile-phase-coherent-quad-balanced-armature-driver-iem-impressions#post_10099839

There are not many of these final working samples out there right now, but they are close to a doing a pilot production batch for distributors to promote before mass production starts.  Until then, I have to say that if you are planning to spend $400-500 on a high-end universal fit IEM in the next couple of months that you probably want to hold off on buying another brand until either I can post and/or we get some more reviews posted, or until you have a chance to try out the Primo 8 for yourself at an audio show or head-fi meet.    These might be worth waiting for. In my case, the Primo 8 might be complimented by adding something like the Westone 3 as my "Fun" universal fit IEM, while using the Primo 8 for more serious listening.  This is similar to how many audiophiles may use the HD800 for serious full-size headphone listening, but compliment it with the LCD-2 Rev2 when we want to party.  i would not want to be without either one. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #86 of 562
Dual Dynamic Trilogy! Wow!! This is awesome can't wait to read your comparison on those DD phones.

By the way, If it possible I would love to see the dual dynamic quadrilogy with all of those phones and the IM70s.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #87 of 562

I guess you can say that I am not a 'true' audiophile, my preference of sound is the 'balanced', I use GR07 for my neutral reference - hence why if you read my review it is mostly done based on an enjoyment point of view rather than technical audiophile point of view 
wink_face.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #89 of 562

Noble reason! :)  I'll have to find out more about them.

Have you heard of the Nuforce Primo 8? I learned of them via dsnuts:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/696804/nuforce-primo-8-an-audiophile-phase-coherent-quad-balanced-armature-driver-iem-impressions#post_10099839

That is interesting... I'm still open to other options and really glad you brought this up. I'll read into it and see if it's for me. Cheers Mr Wayne 
beerchug.gif

If you want a neutral IEM then maybe get the ER4S? 

As much as I really wanted to own one; I really have difficulty with deep inserted IEMs especially with tri-flanges. Recently tried those tips with the Brainwavz R3 and my ears just won't conform to them.

Quote:
Dual Dynamic Trilogy! Wow!! This is awesome can't wait to read your comparison on those DD phones.

By the way, If it possible I would love to see the dual dynamic quadrilogy with all of those phones and the IM70s.
  Subbed, looking forward to your dual dynamic comparison :)
Thank you!

Thanks for all the support guys! The IM70 is in fact a great IEM for the comparison; unfortunately my funds are currently designated for a reference / neutral sounding universal IEM and the NOBLE 4 is at the top of the list. Maybe after the review I can sell off the M200 and Havi B3 to help fund the IM70 then I can probably include it as an add-on. we'll see! 
wink_face.gif

I guess you can say that I am not a 'true' audiophile, my preference of sound is the 'balanced', I use GR07 for my neutral reference - hence why if you read my review it is mostly done based on an enjoyment point of view rather than technical audiophile point of view 
wink_face.gif

I understand where you're coming from. I too am more into balance than linear sounding signature but I just got to have at least one reference / neutral sounding IEM. I truly believe it could help me become a better reviewer. Cheers!

Jan 18, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #90 of 562
I loved the dunu vs h200 comparison, right next to the quad vs mh1. I though the quads would win it, and I had a feeling that the dunu did some things better than the h200. You lucky dawg, and you're possibly going to get the noble 4 or nuforce, these are happy times for you and everyone here!

beerchug.gif

Cheers mate, enjoy your precious iems. 

P.S. The sony md1r mod is a new thing for me, I didn't think it makes that much of a difference in sound, but reading your before and after thoughts made me want to purchase the mdr and do the mod, but....I already bought a headphone that should about match or beat it, 
tongue.gif
 I'll never know though, dang budgets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back