d-jays vs UM 1 Vs Sf 3
Aug 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gameboy115

Headphoneus Supremus
I live in Canada, currently finding a earbud in my price range, below 100, a few choices are up to me now

1) D-jay
2) Westone UM 1
3) Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3

so tempting as I found the http://www.soundearphones.com/product.php?id=270 , seeling d-jay is 59.9 only. Got any opinion it is authenatic or not?

Please help me to choose if you own one of these earbud above. or you got better choice for me

thx

Aug 12, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 8
SoundEarphones.com is a Head-Fi sponsor. I should hope they would sell authentic stuff.

As for your choices, I've owned UM1s and heard Super.fi 3s, and the UM1s are better in just about every way. Their sound is a little better, but their excellent design and comfort compared to the odd design and discomfort of the Super.fis clinches it in my books.

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 8
I have both the SF3 and the D-jays ( orange ones bought from soundearphone.com, excellent service shipped immediately). The SF3 have a more forward sound. The D-jays are warmer sounding. I found the d-jays a little less comfortable initially because they need to be inserted a little deeper than the SF3s but got used to them quickly. Also the D-jays require frequent filter replacement. They come with 5 pairs and I ordered 5 more. I haven't had to replace them yet, I only had them for a week or so.

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both the SF3 and the D-jays ( orange ones bought from soundearphone.com, excellent service shipped immediately). The SF3 have a more forward sound. The D-jays are warmer sounding. I found the d-jays a little less comfortable initially because they need to be inserted a little deeper than the SF3s but got used to them quickly. Also the D-jays require frequent filter replacement. They come with 5 pairs and I ordered 5 more. I haven't had to replace them yet, I only had them for a week or so.

Why would the filters need replacing? I have yet to ever replace a filter on any canalphones I own that use them and am thinking there's something I'm not realizing. If it's because of ear wax build up, I have yet to see any amount of wax on the nozzles of any of my phones. If it's dust or soot filtering because of the driver moving air like they do, i still don't see any of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Canada, currently finding a earbud in my price range, below 100, a few choices are up to me now

1) D-jay
2) Westone UM 1
3) Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3

so tempting as I found the http://www.soundearphones.com/product.php?id=270 , seeling d-jay is 59.9 only. Got any opinion it is authenatic or not?

Please help me to choose if you own one of these earbud above. or you got better choice for me

thx

I don't know about the UM1s but I have the UE3s and they are some sweet sounding phones, especially with modded Shure olives or Comply foams. As far as the d-Jays, I order a set from them, the pink ones...only ones they had...and will know as soon as i get them.

Aug 13, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would the filters need replacing? I have yet to ever replace a filter on any canalphones I own that use them and am thinking there's something I'm not realizing. If it's because of ear wax build up, I have yet to see any amount of wax on the nozzles of any of my phones. If it's dust or soot filtering because of the driver moving air like they do, i still don't see any of that.

I agree but I have only owned the SF3s and the d-jays. Both for a very short while so I haven't had to clean either of them. I am just going by what the d-jays came with and what headphone.com had to say.

"We have encountered that the D-Jays require significantly more user on-board filter replacement compared to any other earphone brand. We HIGHLY recommend purchasing an additional set of filters with any Jays earphones -- you'll need them. "
Jays d-JAYS Black @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Aug 13, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree but I have only owned the SF3s and the d-jays. Both for a very short while so I haven't had to clean either of them. I am just going by what the d-jays came with and what headphone.com had to say.

"We have encountered that the D-Jays require significantly more user on-board filter replacement compared to any other earphone brand. We HIGHLY recommend purchasing an additional set of filters with any Jays earphones -- you'll need them. "
Jays d-JAYS Black @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Hmmm...very interesting. It must be because the phones, being so small, sit in the ear so much deeper than any others, very much near where wax will produce.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #7 of 8
Actually i own a full size headphone which is sony mdr-xd200,

Sony MDR-XD200 Reviews

have no idea is there any difference if i upgrade to one of these inear phone above, can anyone shed the light for me

Also,I have been browsing through forum, I found two highly recommeded IEM in such a limited budget like mine, ER-6i and Altec Lansing IM716, how are these two compared to the one I listed above already

Aug 13, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually i own a full size headphone which is sony mdr-xd200,

Sony MDR-XD200 Reviews

have no idea is there any difference if i upgrade to one of these inear phone above, can anyone shed the light for me

Also,I have been browsing through forum, I found two highly recommeded IEM in such a limited budget like mine, ER-6i and Altec Lansing IM716, how are these two compared to the one I listed above already

I wish i could say but I've never used those full sizers before. The iM-716s are outstanding, though...if used with an amp. The ER6s are okay, not outstanding but certainly better than most lower end phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back