D&D
Aug 6, 2004 at 10:54 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by uosux
If you are interested, the entire contents of 3.5 have been officially released (minus character creation), for all to use over the internet. I used ot know a site which had all the information layed out nicely, but I can't think of it. Search around for the online versions and you'll find the sites.

The system reference documents are published in rtf format at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35 -- I remember seeing html versions somewhere....

Aug 6, 2004 at 12:19 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
Good Christians don't play D&D! It's the spawn of the Devil!

- Chris

Quote:

...For example, you can have a "lawful evil" character. A handbook states that: "A lawful evil villain methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his code of conduct without regard to whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty and order, but not about freedom, dignity or life."7 Talk about a mish-mash of moral ambiguity. Our young people are having enough trouble getting their values straight without being immersed in this sort of material!

tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2004 at 5:19 AM Post #18 of 23
Thanks for reminding me of the name, Megaptera. I found that site I was mentioning earlier. It has all of the 3.5 rules outlined nicely in HTML.

DnD 3.5 Rules

If you are playing near a computer, it comes in handy a lot. Also, I find it useful to print out the pages I need the most.

As to the "dungeons and dragons is the devil" talk, I don't think these fundamentalist Christians are able to differentiate between reality and fantasy themselves. They contantly accuse D&D of destroying young people, while they have absolutely nothing to back it up. They are far more deluded than any RPG'er.

Aug 13, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #20 of 23
I actually still play the table-top on weekly basis. I play with four of my good friends. Relatively low magic (especially arcane) with heavy emphaiss on role-playing and story telling. Defintiely not a something one would consider as "typical" DnD. It's on hold for three weeks though, since the DM just got married (we were all in his wedding party) and is off on honeymoon.

Aug 13, 2004 at 1:24 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Lol, it's good to know that a hardcore D&D nerd can still get married if they want to.

I'm married and I play nearly every weekend
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 1:27 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Lol, it's good to know that a hardcore D&D nerd can still get married if they want to.

By middle of September, 3 out of 5 guys in group will be married. I'm kinda weddinged out, actually, with 3 weddings in 5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back