D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
Jul 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #241 of 324

and now we can add CEntrance to the list!!!!

Not just CEntrance, but a few others as well! 
smile.gif
  Here's an updated (and pretty much final) exhibitor list fellas:

Also, it now appears that I won't be able to make it due to personal reasons... but no worries, Frank and Mercer will be there! 
smile.gif

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #242 of 324
This will be my first CAF. If I can't make Saturday meet and come Friday or Sunday, can I assume I can audition from Audeze, Mr. Speakers etc. that are listed as venders/exhibitors?

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #243 of 324
  This will be my first CAF. If I can't make Saturday meet and come Friday or Sunday, can I assume I can audition from Audeze, Mr. Speakers etc. that are listed as venders/exhibitors?

Yup, the show part of it (CanMania) runs for all three days.  So all the exhibitors listed above will be there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 
smile.gif

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #244 of 324
^I was about to ask this exact same question. That's good to hear.  It's looking like I won't be able to make it on Saturday, (Sunday for sure though).  Anyone else in this same situation?  I'll be bringing my brand new T1's if anyone want's to give them a listen.

Jul 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #245 of 324

Yup, the show part of it (CanMania) runs for all three days.  So all the exhibitors listed above will be there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 
smile.gif

Cool. I work as a kayak instructor  part time on the weekends for Potomac Paddle Sports. I don't have my schedule yet. But Saturday is usually the day. Ironically, I'm using my kayak instruction $ to help fund some audio gear! I want to hear some cool stuff, but saving for my purchases is my priority right now.

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #246 of 324
There will be a few of us there all three days if there is anything you want to listen to just watch for the head-fi indicators (head-fi hand signal, portable rigs, etc.) and introduce yourself.  Never know what some one has until you start talking to them.
atsmile.gif

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #247 of 324
Hey everyone, I've updated post #2 with the latest info on who is bringing what to the meet.  Please let me know if anything there is incorrect, and whether you will be needing more/less table space.  Thanks! 
smile.gif

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #248 of 324
What time does the room open for setup and do we do anything special when we check in to indicate we're part of the meet? :)

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #250 of 324
  Hey everyone, I've updated post #2 with the latest info on who is bringing what to the meet.  Please let me know if anything there is incorrect, and whether you will be needing more/less table space.  Thanks! 
smile.gif

Warren, I have some changes to what you have listed for me on post #2, but nothing that radically changes the amount of space.  From amps, subtract one of the two Vali's, and the Magni, and add one Schiit Valhalla2.  From headphones, subtract one K702 (from the for sale post), & add one NAD HP50.
Also, will have 2 HD600's instead of one (stock cable + Cardas cabled)
In regard to the for sale or trade post, I think I won't bring the vintage turntable set up, since there might not be much interest for that in the headphone room.  I'll have 2 "industrial" style DIY headphone stands for sale or trade.

Bummer that you can't be there after all this!

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #251 of 324
  I just got my first pair of Hi-Fi headphones (HE-400) and an amp (Schiit Asgard 2) this last week.  I don't think anyone needs me to bring them, although I will if it recommended.  I'm interested in hearing other similar headphones - particularly the higher end version of my cans as well as the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog (as I'm worried about the bleed effect of my current pair).  Please advise!

I'm going to bring my Mad Dogs as well (just received them today).  I'm still deciding if I'm going to keep them.  Should I bring my MacBook Pro with some music?  Since I'm so new, I haven't really ripped much music yet - I just listen to the premium Spotify stuff (I know, sad).  I have a little Behringer UCA202 DAC that I'll bring as well.  Should I bring my own power supply/cable? 

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #252 of 324

Warren, I have some changes to what you have listed for me on post #2, but nothing that radically changes the amount of space.  From amps, subtract one of the two Vali's, and the Magni, and add one Schiit Valhalla2. 
In regard to the for sale or trade post, I think I won't bring the vintage turntable set up, since there might not be much interest for that in the headphone room.  I'll have 2 "industrial" style DIY headphone stands for sale or trade.

Roger that, changes made. 
smile.gif

From headphones, subtract one K702 (from the for sale post), & add one NAD HP50.

Wait, add the Viso to the gear list or add it to the for sale/trade list? 
redface.gif

Bummer that you can't be there after all this!

Yeah right?! 
frown.gif

I'm going to bring my Mad Dogs as well (just received them today).  I'm still deciding if I'm going to keep them.  Should I bring my MacBook Pro with some music?  Since I'm so new, I haven't really ripped much music yet - I just listen to the premium Spotify stuff (I know, sad).  I have a little Behringer UCA202 DAC that I'll bring as well.  Should I bring my own power supply/cable? 

Cool, I added the Mad Dog, MacBook (because you'll definitely want to bring a source), and Behringer UCA202 to the list.  Yes, please do bring power cables and strips. 
smile.gif

And oh, there is NOTHING wrong with Spotify Premium, especially from a music discovery standpoint.

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #253 of 324

Bill, if you're game, I'd love to hear your impressions of a WyWires cable on the HD 600.  @alexsv, would you happen to have an extra HD600 cable laying around that he could try at the meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back