D-25S thoughts...
Feb 3, 2003 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Xander

The XanMan is back!
Excellent line out.. Really good sound through headphone output, it's like a pice of jewlery.. Heavy, pretty. Not so good error correction. Keep your CDs in good condition, and you'll enjoy this thing a lot.

Feb 3, 2003 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 17
If it won't play a certain CD, make a copy of it, that should fix the problem (copying process does error-correction).

Feb 11, 2003 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 17
I got my D-25s today and I am completly excited about the little metal box.
tongue.gif
I have the volume set to around 3 on my HD590's and I am amazed at the sound quality. The Sony D-25S is calling my name right now!! Later
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #5 of 17
I am totally amazed everyday by the constuction quality and fidelity of the D-25s. It drives my Sony V-6's and Sennheiser 280's very well with clean sound even at very high listening levels. Although not really necessary, sometimes I connect my Meta-42 to its line out and notice more detail and depth in the fidelity.

I enjoy listening at high volume levels as there is no distortion and really must pay attention to volume level to avoid possible hearing damage.

Too bad there is no anti-skip to allow for portable use.

For others that have used a Meta-42 with the D-25s lineout, how would you describe the difference amped vs unamped in sound quality?

I am now considering trying new headphones. What would be a good step up from the V-6's and the 280's in the $100- 150 price range? I am really looking for more comfort and low impedance. Considering the Beyer 250-80's, Sennheiser 590's or the ATH-990's
Any suggestions?

Feb 11, 2003 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
The D-25s is a great starter pcdp in my opinion. But if you really want to upgrade I suggest that you save up for a even better source because it does make a huge difference.

I'd have to agree with this...
But keep the D-25S around anyway. why not?
smily_headphones1.gif

I have mine around because it's just about the sexiest looking piece of electronics I have around...

Feb 12, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
The D-25s is a great starter pcdp in my opinion. But if you really want to upgrade I suggest that you save up for a even better source because it does make a huge difference.

What are some better pcdp sources that are superior in sound quality to the D-25s?

Feb 12, 2003 at 12:21 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los?
on ebay! they are around 40 dollars. in fact, i just purchased one today!

can u give me a link

Feb 12, 2003 at 1:31 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by stevesolo
What are some better pcdp sources that are superior in sound quality to the D-25s?

Denon DCP-150
Denon DCP-100 (from the specs, haven't received it yet)
Optimus 3400 / Akai PD-X73
Sony D-555
Sony D-(T)66 (smoother and fuller sound, have to do some more comparing though)

And possibly the D-515 and D-311, haven't received those yet either. Then there's the D-303, but that apparently is also a bit dark sounding.

I like the D-25s a lot though, it has a very clear and detailed sound and indeed it looks totally awesome, which is why I noticed it in the first place.

Tip: use an external batterypack instead of a wall wart, the sound will be much better.

Feb 12, 2003 at 5:20 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by LamerDeluxe (tm)
Denon DCP-150
Denon DCP-100 (from the specs, haven't received it yet)
Optimus 3400 / Akai PD-X73
Sony D-555
Sony D-(T)66 (smoother and fuller sound, have to do some more comparing though)

And possibly the D-515 and D-311, haven't received those yet either. Then there's the D-303, but that apparently is also a bit dark sounding.

I like the D-25s a lot though, it has a very clear and detailed sound and indeed it looks totally awesome, which is why I noticed it in the first place.

Tip: use an external batterypack instead of a wall wart, the sound will be much better.

Thanks for the info, most of the pcdp units you list are out of production and very difficult to find these days. Are there any units that are currently in production that will produce better fidelity than the D-25s?

What kind of external battery pack is available and why would it produce better sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back