Cypher Labs Solo - does it matter which iDevice I choose?
Aug 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

joshkerr

New Head-Fier
If I'm using the Cyber Labs Solo with an iDevice, does it matter which I device I choose in terms of the quality of the output?  I know that people choose some of the older iPod models because they want the higher quality wolfson DAC, but if I'm using the Solo, I don't need to worry about that.  Right?

Thinking about getting a new iPod and want to make sure that it will have the same sound quality with my setup:

Sennheiser HD 800 -> ALO Audio RX MK3B -> Cypher Labs Solo -> iPod -> Apple Lossless

ALO Audio SXC cables running in between.  Not using balanced though.  (That might be a good upgrade.)

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #2 of 3
Right - doesn't matter. The point of the CLAS is that it takes the data from the iDevice and bypasses its DAC (it also reclocks the data, so the source doubly doesn't matter).

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Right - doesn't matter. The point of the CLAS is that it takes the data from the iDevice and bypasses its DAC (it also reclocks the data, so the source doubly doesn't matter).

It would only matter if the ipod had the ability to change the sound in the digital domain (like my DX100 can).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back