Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #1,231 of 1,788
I just received my CLAS -dB and Mk3-B. I haven't noticed any of these problems either. The only issue I have is that my AKG K701s are a bit quiet with some of my older classical recordings (high gain, volume maxed out), and that my Monster Turbine Copper Pros have some noticeable background hiss (med gain). However, both of these are single-ended headphones. Waiting on a pair of Beyer T70s wired balanced to see if I have any issues...

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,232 of 1,788
Quote:
The updated version of the -R is  2-4 weeks off from what i understand.  They were in the process of exchanging one with that issue and they had an extra which i seemed able to procure but i won't get my hands on it for about a week.  It appears that I am getting the extra from that replacement run maybe and am not even sure of the color yet, but whatever works is good for me.  I have no other knowledge, this is just what i have been able to figure out from our exchanges.  After getting the Pico Power, it is such an upgrade over the Fostex amp that I am not sure i will ever use that amp section again, unless in a squeeze.

By the way, David at CL was very helpful and very responsive, what a great company.  Had i known, i may have gone for that dac originally, I was just being lazy at the time and didn't want to carry quite that big of a brick of toys around so got the combo dac/amp HP-P1.  

David from CL is great in dealing with. Today, he asked me to mail my R. Great and no problems with the National but eager to connect it with the Pico power. The pico is an american muscle car.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #1,233 of 1,788
Cool, and yeah the Pico Power is something else.
wink_face.gif

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #1,234 of 1,788
How long did it take for David to respond? I emailed sales@cypherlabs.com a couple days ago and haven't gotten back from him about my CLAS-R problem...

i also sent two emails to TTVJ in a span of three weeks with no response either. I bought the CLAS from them. Kinda disappointing...

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #1,235 of 1,788
Quote:
How long did it take for David to respond? I emailed sales@cypherlabs.com a couple days ago and haven't gotten back from him about my CLAS-R problem...

i also sent two emails to TTVJ in a span of three weeks with no response either. I bought the CLAS from them. Kinda disappointing...

He replied to me today and he said he has been travelling 

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #1,236 of 1,788
Quote:

David responds the same day or the next. Last week he explained he was travelling. Shoot him another email. He responds quickly or for all you know, you'll get it today. 

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #1,237 of 1,788
hi i m a newbie.
i have recently buy solo db , mk rx3 & aloaudio balanced cable. i feel they are not properly working!! 
The vocals is bit louder then music . like music is playing behind the vocals.
when i attached solo db with total bithead( headroom's amp), i feel the soundbstage is balanced.

is the problem with mk rx3 or solo db???

source ipod touch 5g
solo db-balanced cable-rx3-
beats studio

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #1,238 of 1,788
Quote:
hi i m a newbie.
i have recently buy solo db , mk rx3 & aloaudio balanced cable. i feel they are not properly working!! 
The vocals is bit louder then music . like music is playing behind the vocals.
when i attached solo db with total bithead( headroom's amp), i feel the soundbstage is balanced.

is the problem with mk rx3 or solo db???

source ipod touch 5g
solo db-balanced cable-rx3-
beats studio

Try some different headphones if you can as IMHO they are possibly the kink in your equipment lineup. Can you audition some LCD2s or Sennheisers and see if you come up with the same observation?

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #1,239 of 1,788
Quote:

yep I heard from David, here's what he sent to me,

Hi John,

I am following up with you to offer a trade in for your Solo -dB. I have a solution for you now.

Please send the unit only to the address below and I will get one out to you pronto. Thanks for being patient.

Thanks,

David Maudlin, CEO
Cypher Labs, LLC
16869 SW 65th Ave Ste 450
Lake Oswego, OR 97035

here's where I was supposed to send the -db? but I had the -R, which is where I am sure anyone with an -R will be returning theirs for a replacement when they get them in? I sent mine back to Todd at TTVJ a while ago,

he says that he should have updated -Rs in the near future, and I should get one thru Todd again! which is very very very fine with me, other then the waiting? ggrrr ugh! lol, but the -R was very very awesome, and I really really really look forward to hearing it again, and keeping it for myself, which will only be better when I will be able to pair it up with any and all of my gear!

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #1,240 of 1,788
Just sent my R today.

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,242 of 1,788
Quote:

did you talk with David, and do they have the replacement -Rs to start shipping out? if so TTVJ won't be far behind? I hope 

Yes, we have been emailing each other. For my unit, I don't think it will be a replacement but a fix.

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #1,244 of 1,788
Quote:
thats sounds cool, I was wondering if they could fix it by sending it in, I guess they are fixing as well as redoing them from scratch?

From what Dave told me and this is after all that I have experienced with a different amp, that it would be an easy fix.  Dave responds right away via email. This morning I just informed him of the tracking no. And that he should expect my package tomorrow and he responded immediately.  Reason why I would say mine is a fix is he told me to leave the chargers and just send the unit.  The R is great. Have not heard the original but I am happy with the R

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #1,245 of 1,788
Quote:
From what Dave told me and this is after all that I have experienced with a different amp, that it would be an easy fix.  Dave responds right away via email. This morning I just informed him of the tracking no. And that he should expect my package tomorrow and he responded immediately.  Reason why I would say mine is a fix is he told me to leave the chargers and just send the unit.  The R is great. Have not heard the original but I am happy with the R

He's swapping the unit for you, not fixing it. He just eats the cost on the peripherals to make it easier for you to ship. He's a good dude:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back