Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #451 of 1,793

"You're a sheep.
It's OK. I'm a sheep too... a far weaker one at that as well. I just follow whatever Skylab says :) Go sheeps!

I've found that I don't have the liberty of listening to music for more than two hours at a time. I have never had issues with one part of my system dying out because of the battery draining. That's why CLAS was a keeper for me. :) Now comes the problem of keeping the JH3A's battery up with the CLAS... I have to add a hypermac mini to my stack... :frowning2: not fun.

(hypermac mini + JH3A = ~13 hrs)[/quote]"

It's funny, if you knew how I led my life I have from childhood done everything to not be a sheep but in this instance I am more than happy to be as it has given me sonic bliss!

I must admit the battery issue is not one for me as I simply do not have the opportunity to have listening sessions that long. Either I am in a coffee shop writing or on set writing and waiting to be called so at most I may listen a couple of hours in one go. At home I have extended that somewhat especially listening to my beloved Wagner Opera's when I go through a complete one in one go but still that is no more than four hours.

I am a convert though with this machine. I have tried once again to listen right out of the iPod but I lose all scale and feeling without the class and amp. Then again I listen through Etymotic ER4S's which need a good amp and source to really shine I feel. When fed that way they are sublime and the bass is perfect, real and deep. Quite a difference from being fed a poor source and amp.

The LCD's too really benefit from the set up. I am looking forward to getting the SR71-B and balanced cables and see where that takes me!

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #452 of 1,793
Adding an Energizer XP8000 pack really solves the problem. I bought it for the Stepdance to make it 15v regulated, but then I find I like the SR71A and my newly bought SR71B more. The energy pack, however, is not a waste and because it is able to charge my iDevices and the CLAS just by switching of a DC connector pin also supplied. One more brick, but still very convenient for a transportable rig.It is. Very useful for me because apart from the rig, I can charge my Galaxy S2 and Blackberry as well. If you really want one less brick and be able to charge your iDevice at the same time, also consider the Fostex HPP1.

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #453 of 1,793

Quote:
Adding an Energizer XP8000 pack really solves the problem. I bought it for the Stepdance to make it 15v regulated, but then I find I like the SR71A and my newly bought SR71B more. The energy pack, however, is not a waste and because it is able to charge my iDevices and the CLAS just by switching of a DC connector pin also supplied. One more brick, but still very convenient for a transportable rig.It is. Very useful for me because apart from the rig, I can charge my Galaxy S2 and Blackberry as well. If you really want one less brick and be able to charge your iDevice at the same time, also consider the Fostex HPP1.

Lol how many bricks will there be in your final rig??

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #454 of 1,793
Lol how many bricks will there be in your final rig??

iPhone CLAS iBasso DB2 SR71B Energizer XP8000 - five bricks - that's for office and vacation only. For portable use I just go iPhone to ES5 or UE18 pro.

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #455 of 1,793
With the JH3A, I was hoping for something called an "ass" rig where my left butt pocket will hold the CLAS, and my right butt pocket will hold the JH3A, with a 1.5ft connector in between, and a long CLAS cable connecting to my ipad or iphone, and JH16 going up my back.

:) Doesn't have to be a brick, be creative xD

btw. If I don't have an IEM, thunderpants or still LCD2?

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #456 of 1,793

Quote:
With the JH3A, I was hoping for something called an "ass" rig where my left butt pocket will hold the CLAS, and my right butt pocket will hold the JH3A, with a 1.5ft connector in between, and a long CLAS cable connecting to my ipad or iphone, and JH16 going up my back.

smily_headphones1.gif
Doesn't have to be a brick, be creative xD

Make sure you don't become a christmas tree wrapped with stuffs and wires
bigsmile_face.gif

You do need very big pockets though and your movement will be greatly hindered.

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #457 of 1,793
But wouldn't there be a connector between the two sides of the arse if you do it that way?

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #458 of 1,793

Quote:
But wouldn't there be a connector between the two sides of the arse if you do it that way?

Haha not only that, there will be a USB cable going into the left arse from the iphone and an IC between the two sides of the arse and then another exiting the right arse to the iem.

Sorry for the coarse language here.

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #459 of 1,793

:) Doesn't have to be a brick, be creative xD

Just remember not to sit down..Could be expensive if you do!!

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #461 of 1,793
I am getting the Thunderpants as well. And to be frank I think the brick rigs are more for headphones than IEMs. Sure, the CLAS, the Fostex, the Stepdance, SR71A and SR71B do give IEMs improvements, but not nearly as significant as what they do in headphone rigs, and I am actually quite happy with iPhone out to the IEMs. The convenience of custom IEMa and the quality thy have achieved these days make them really hard to pass.

I find that changing the cables to really good ones improve the sound of IEMs quite a lot, more so than on full size headphones. Changing the cable on my 18pro to the ALO SXC, for example, has an improvement on the mid range and treble which is at least at par if not exceeds that of amping it, to me. There is also noticeable improvement using the Twag v2 but not as big as the ALO does. I have yet to try the Piccolino, but at the price of an LCD2 or another custom IEM I think I will pass.

To GG, if you don't have IEMs by all means get a pair of customs first. They are the easiest step to music nirvana without much hassle. Once you venture into full size, there are lots more to consider than setting up the bricks, because it is not like we have a lot of choices with the bricks anyways.

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #462 of 1,793

Quote:
Haha not only that, there will be a USB cable going into the left arse from the iphone and an IC between the two sides of the arse and then another exiting the right arse to the iem.

Sorry for the coarse language here.

combined with the wire used being one of the least flexible wires i know of due to being...well...rectangular/flat solid core and only liking to bend on one axis. not sure if thats the best choice GG given you are wanting it to bend in at least 2 axis with each footstep. not angling for sales here, but i realkly think you need to give this some thought

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #463 of 1,793
combined with the wire used being one of the least flexible wires i know of due to being...well...rectangular/flat solid core and only liking to bend on one axis. not sure if thats the best choice GG given you are wanting it to bend in at least 2 axis with each footstep. not angling for sales here, but i realkly think you need to give this some thought

I'm looking at the Norn 3ft for the CLAS cable, and as for the CLAS to JH3A, I'm using VH audio Pulsar ag 75ohm silver wire, buying 1 meter of it, and having two cables done, one short for stacking, and one 1.5ft for the butt. It'll hook on the belt hook, and come down to my right butt pocket to my JH3A. Both butt pockets will have a hole stitched for the other cables to come out comfortably without a sharp acute angle bend :| It's all thought out, trust me.

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #465 of 1,793

Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif
Doesn't have to be a brick, be creative xD

Ass rig ha? Did you have this in mind? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back