Cyberpunk 2077
Dec 12, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #31 of 75
I'm pretty much having the time of my life playing with katanas. I have one that is waaay overpowered compared to other weapons I've found (900DPS, compared to about 300DPS of most guns), so I just run from enemy to enemy one-hitting nearly every one. I get a little bit of slow-mo whenever an enemy spots me, and a speed boost whenever I kill, so I'm almost untouchable. It's so satisfying.

Dec 12, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #32 of 75
I played a little bit today and it seems engaging. The combat is nothing new, and is a walk in the park. The combat and AI is not sophisticated like The Last of US, which I find being the benchmark for gameplay mechanics and AI. I think a good gameplay mechnic should have some way of causing challenges to cause the player to think and come up with solution to get through an obstacle, but the gameplay mechanics for this game wasn't built for that. So far, it just seems like simple shooting. There some hacking, but I don't know how much better it gets in terms of gameplay integration.

I was expecting more of an open world type experience, but so far, it's carrying me through the story like as if the game is linear. Will see if this changes, I don't really mind if it's linear. I'm not so big on open worlds.

I'm impressed with the design of the game when it comes to the visuals. Lots of cool cyberpunk concepts taken from movies, etc.. I think heavily taken from Blade Runner which is cool. I see some elements of Ghost in the Shell as well, so the cyberpunk theme is right up my alley. I find it amazing how intricate the backdrop or the staging of the environments are. It's quite detailed, and must have taken a lot of time to make it so intricate.

I like how the story starts out, and it's the main thing that has me engaged. It does feel like an interactive movie experience. I don't like the dialog. I had some difficulty soaking in the dialog. The dialog style is awkward, and doesn't flow well for easy comprehension.

I don't like way the ui was setup for weapons. Having to go to the inventory menu to slot weapons is kinda annoying.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #33 of 75

Looks like the console versions, running through backward compatibility on the PS5 and Xbox Series X and S, are really solid. PS5 version is hitting a near constant 60FPS, with the Series X's performance mode hitting 60FPS most of the time, and the quality mode sporting nice visuals, while the Series S is a solid 30FPS experience. It'll be interesting to see how the proper next-gen versions perform; hopefully they keep the 60FPS modes.

Dec 12, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #34 of 75

Looks like the console versions, running through backward compatibility on the PS5 and Xbox Series X and S, are really solid. PS5 version is hitting a near constant 60FPS, with the Series X's performance mode hitting 60FPS most of the time, and the quality mode sporting nice visuals, while the Series S is a solid 30FPS experience. It'll be interesting to see how the proper next-gen versions perform; hopefully they keep the 60FPS modes.
I don't expect less. Those consoles are next gen and has to last years, so performance has to start off strong. I wonder how much of a gap there are between consoles and PCs there are in terms of optimization for gaming. Back in the days consoles were optimized for gaming and just did much better for that purpose. Does the optimization on consoles beat a RTX 3090?

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #35 of 75
Alright I turned up RT to Psycho and now I'm starting to see some really impressive stuff in this game.

Having a fun time. Just got mantis blades installed in my arms, and power precision rifles are a blast to use. The detail on the gun models are insane.

I'm surprised people are so hung up on the open world 'immersion.' We are nowhere near open world game design that feels natural. I'm more than happy with fun missions and character progression. Games like RDR2 and GTAV put me to sleep by comparison.

Dec 13, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #36 of 75
Been putting some serious time on Cyberpunk 2077. It's not without its issues, but it's a very enjoyable experience.

Its biggest weakness is its bugginess. There's little thing here and there that make it clear it's not a polished experience. I constantly die from just walking around, or climbing up buildings, like there's some physics bug that's applying lethal falling damage to me or something. I die more to that than to actual enemies. There's graphical and animation glitches here and there, which are noticeable, but they're rare enough to not completely ruin the immersion. I think overall, from a bug perspective, the game is in a better state than, say, a Bethesda game. It's not as polished as I would have hoped, but I expected a lot worse considering the delays.

The gameplay loop isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea; I think there's an expectation that this should compete with games like Deus Ex or something like it, who's levels are narrow and carefully crafted, but I think that's somewhat unfair. I think it would be more appropriate to compare it to something like Fallout 4, where it's much larger, and there's a lot of dynamic systems going on. In that regard, I think Cyberpunk is a clear step up. Gunplay feels better, stealth works much better, and you just have more ways to go about doing missions. It feels more like Far Cry, but with a proper RPG backbone.

Story, and general immersion are the main draws of the game, though. Story seems really solid at the moment, but I really don't want to comment on it until I can see how it actually plays out. There's a lot of decisions to be made, and I have no idea if those bear fruit. The basic premise of the story is compelling, and keeps you wanting to push through it with a nice ticking clock element, as well as a pretty strong cast of characters. No complaints about story so far, though. The immersion is really something else, and a clear cut above any game that has come before it. I really do think it's the most immersive game ever, and I think a huge part of that is the technology the game is built on. It's obviously the most technically impressive game on the market, but more than that it does an incredible job capturing scale. It's hard to explain what it is that other games fail to do to give them a sense of scale, but I never really "buy" that cities in games are actually cities. In this buildings tower above you, warehouses seem to go on for miles, and everything just has a proper sense of space.20201211065039_1.jpg

Screenshots don't quite do it justice, but maybe it'll illustrate a little what I'm talking about. And of course there's the hustle and bustle of the NPCs, paths through the city that don't go any place in particular, but exist solely to flesh the world out. You can get lost for hours just wandering around, seeing the sights.

The game isn't for everyone, but there's just nothing else like it. At this point I'd probably give it an 8/10. With some bug fixes and some tweaks I could see this pushing closer to a 9 or 10, but for the time being it's still a solid game.
Did you install the new V1.04 patch? Supposedly fixes much the known bugs. I don't like buggy games, it's like the game wasn't finished. I like the noir kind of aspect of the game when it comes to the story like investigations like in Blade Runner. I'm starting to see some borrowed aspects from Ghost in the Shell. I am big on cyberpunk aestetics, and therefore the look of this game is right up my alley.

I'm starting to get how the weapon upgrades work. You pick up weapons and even if they look the same, they are different attributes, and the DPS value is the significant attribute of the weapons. Each item weigh a certain amount and you won't want to carry too much to weigh you down, and if you go past a weight limit with too many items, you cannot move quickly or spint. That I figured out.

One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to get a car like the one I had earlier. The car that you can request to show up when you ask it to. How do I get a car like that?

Something I notice with this game is, it has the typical Western RPG elements of looting. All this looting isn't even necessary. I never understood why looting is such a big part of Western RPGs.

I'm pretty much having the time of my life playing with katanas. I have one that is waaay overpowered compared to other weapons I've found (900DPS, compared to about 300DPS of most guns), so I just run from enemy to enemy one-hitting nearly every one. I get a little bit of slow-mo whenever an enemy spots me, and a speed boost whenever I kill, so I'm almost untouchable. It's so satisfying.
I started to get melee weapons like katanas, knives, etc.. personally I find it quite silly that you can run up to enemies and easily take them out with katanas. At this point, it's a story driven game now, as gameplay doesn't hold much weight. Which was the same for RedDead2.

This game is fairly engaging, but I'm starting to see that it's nothing new.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #39 of 75
My biggest concern with is is not the bugs but that it looked very repetitive with no depth in gameplay
just gonna wait until it hits Gamepass lol

I would say that if the story and immersion factor don't hold any appeal to you, it's probably not the game for you. It's more in the same vein as Elder Scrolls or Fallout games in that it's not really supposed to be so much about the minute to minute gameplay, but rather about getting pulled into the world they've crafted.

Did you install the new V1.04 patch? Supposedly fixes much the known bugs. I don't like buggy games, it's like the game wasn't finished. I like the noir kind of aspect of the game when it comes to the story like investigations like in Blade Runner. I'm starting to see some borrowed aspects from Ghost in the Shell. I am big on cyberpunk aestetics, and therefore the look of this game is right up my alley.

I'm starting to get how the weapon upgrades work. You pick up weapons and even if they look the same, they are different attributes, and the DPS value is the significant attribute of the weapons. Each item weigh a certain amount and you won't want to carry too much to weigh you down, and if you go past a weight limit with too many items, you cannot move quickly or spint. That I figured out.

One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to get a car like the one I had earlier. The car that you can request to show up when you ask it to. How do I get a car like that?

Something I notice with this game is, it has the typical Western RPG elements of looting. All this looting isn't even necessary. I never understood why looting is such a big part of Western RPGs.

I started to get melee weapons like katanas, knives, etc.. personally I find it quite silly that you can run up to enemies and easily take them out with katanas. At this point, it's a story driven game now, as gameplay doesn't hold much weight. Which was the same for RedDead2.

This game is fairly engaging, but I'm starting to see that it's nothing new.

I think I'm on 1.04, hard to say, as Steam doesn't really show patch numbers. But it's all up to date. As buggy as it is, it's not really all that bad to me. It's in a better state than fully patched Bethesda games, so it's got that going for it.

Dec 14, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #40 of 75
Im enjoying the game, even on PS4. Im taking my time with it, barely progressed thru the main story line so far. Just been running around doing side quests, gigs and reported crimes.
Im on the lookout for a PS5, but that will most likely have to wait until after Christmas. Theyre sold out everywhere.

Dec 14, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #41 of 75
I don't get why Western RPGs doesn't point out stuff that needs to be pointed out? I had to look at Youtube videos to figure this out. There are stations throughout the map, you can use to move quickly to different locations with those stations. Also, the looting will help you make money, so loot everything (although junk doesn't provide much money), especially the weapons. There are sell stations throughout, that look like drop off stations like an ATM, and you can sell all the weapons you picked up during combat in missions.

Also, after a while you get to purchase vehicles. It may not be necessary with the fast points. Only purchased vehicles you can call it for it to come to you automatically.

I think all of the above needs to be said, so the game doesn't set the player up for failure.

Also, I've been just doing combat for most of the missions. I always get detected for some reason. I end up killing all the enemies. lol. How about you all? Does anybody use any other methods in terms of strategy? I have a few favorite weapons I've been using a lot. I like the sniper rifle. lol

I think it's armor piecing 50 cal sniper rifle like military ones like this. Because robo vehicles take heavy damage from it. I can take out somebody with two shots! Maybe one with a headshot.
maxresdefault (2).jpg

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #42 of 75
I would say that if the story and immersion factor don't hold any appeal to you, it's probably not the game for you. It's more in the same vein as Elder Scrolls or Fallout games in that it's not really supposed to be so much about the minute to minute gameplay, but rather about getting pulled into the world they've crafted.

That is not an excuse for AAA game
Elder scroll is trash and they got away with shallow gameplay because at the time huge scale open-word games were rare
If Skyrim came today it will get the same reception that Fallout 76 got

Dec 19, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #43 of 75
Just finished this game. I thought it was fairly short, and I have no motivation to play again with either of the two other alternative starting paths.

The graphics seemed fairly good, but nothing groundbreaking. The graphical performance glitches was a real disappointment. There no excuse for those ridiculous bugs in the game. If they actually QC'd they would have caught the bugs. There was a really stupid one where I shot a flying drone and it blocked my path out of the elevator and had to restart. It seems they didn't spend much time checking for the bugs.

I thought the story was lame, and I couldn't understand most of the dialog. The dialog scenes were too long and drawn out. I didn't see the purpose for all those dialog options as the game seemed pretty linear. The ending was just drawn the hell out. I just couldn't wait to finish the game.

They could have just went with a first person shooter, and put in crap load of missions, and would enjoy it more. The storyline is so dumb that it really doesn't do anything to the game.

The rpg upgrade system is dumb. I could get by easily without any upgrades. There is no purpose to them. A good game design is, if they include stuff into the game, it's there fore a good reason that the play must utilize to progress the game, but with this game, it feels like cliché crap just put into it since other games has such.

This is how dumb the fighting system is. I run around with the Katana and easily kill the enemies if I choose to. Why even have this stupid weapon?

It's really not much different from Call of Duty Modern Warfare series, but I had more fun with Modern Warfare this this game. This game was a disappointment, and it seemed like the developers spent crap load of money without any innovations to the game.

They've borrowed ideas from Ghost in the Shell, the Matrix, and Blade Runner. Those are some of my top moves ever and I'm a big fan of Cyberpunk aesthetics, but this game is nothing really original and it's shallow in how things are presented. Don't' see the point of Keanu Reaves in the game. Sure he was in the Matrix, but that's about it.

CD projekt RED just made me much more cautious of games being overhyped.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #44 of 75
im rather enjoying it, even on PS4. I dig the story and still taking my time with it, as I just finished the Panam mission...Now to go back and find that sweet free car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back