CX300's off eBay from China?
Jul 23, 2006 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sammyjenkis

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody. I have recently done some research into which cheap earbuds to get to replace the ipod standard issue ones. I had decided upon the Creative EP-630's.

But, they were 26.99 shipped fom Amazon when I was first looking. Now it's up to about $32-35. I found this eBay seller from China who has very good feedback who is selling CX300's for abut $26 shipped. Are these unnmarked OEM's? Are they as good quality as real CX300's or EP-630's?

CX300's ?

If any of you have any experience buying from sources such as this, I would appreciate your feedback.

Alternatively, if anybody knows of a cheap, legit source for either set please let me know. Thank you.

Edit: spelling

Jul 24, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 7
Hello Sammy,

Two quick recommendations:

1. use the search function. We've argued all of this out here and there. I doubt anyone knows this seller in particular.

2. yes, EP-630/CX300 which have satisfied many a head-fier are available from various clearance houses on Ebay. These are OEM, mostly indistinguishable from the brand-packaged versions, unlike some other headphones where people have horror stories of bad knock-offs-- at least I haven't heard anyone on head-fi report any fakes on this particular headphone so far. If you do buy from Ebay, why not opt for the cheaper shipping of one of the sellers in the US? (I assume you're there from the fact that you quoted dollars)

Jul 25, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #3 of 7
The photo shows real CX300s. That is all that we know. Will the selling actually ship those? We don't know. That photo is definitely not shot by the selling of the actual product at hand, so it is hard to say whether he is trustworthy or not. Personally I wouldn't buy from him.

I bet many people buy from ebay and receive fake merchandise and not even know it.

Jul 25, 2006 at 1:17 PM Post #6 of 7
depends on where you live. you can get cx300 equivalents ep630's for $30 shipped @ j&r or even office depot, but thats only if you live in the US. thats not much more expensive than china.

Jul 25, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 7
Those earphones you mentioned on Ebay are called Edifier H260, the trusted brand from China. Edifier H260 is considered the Chinese version of Senn. CX300 because many head-fiers from China compared them as exactly the same sound quality, but less the Sennheiser's logo. Edifier H260 also offers decent bass and the same clarity as CX300 did, but it will cost you less. If you bought it from Ebay store from China, you won't feel disappointed. Go and enjoy your music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyjenkis
Hello everybody. I have recently done some research into which cheap earbuds to get to replace the ipod standard issue ones. I had decided upon the Creative EP-630's.

But, they were 26.99 shipped fom Amazon when I was first looking. Now it's up to about $32-35. I found this eBay seller from China who has very good feedback who is selling CX300's for abut $26 shipped. Are these unnmarked OEM's? Are they as good quality as real CX300's or EP-630's?

CX300's ?

If any of you have any experience buying from sources such as this, I would appreciate your feedback.

Alternatively, if anybody knows of a cheap, legit source for either set please let me know. Thank you.

Edit: spelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back