CX300 vs SE210?
Sep 7, 2008 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Liquidxt

New Head-Fier
I recently snagged a pair of CX300's off newegg for $25, and they are by far the best sounding IEM's I have ever had. I had a set of Razer Protone M100's and didn't care too much for them as I had purchased them after using a set of Creative what I assume are the EP630's, they came with my dell for getting the webcam built in. I liked the EP's but they went through my washing machine and while they still work awesome the cable looks like someone gave it a perm...lol. So back to the intent here, I really like my new CX300s, but I recently aquired a new friendship with a best buy worker and we have come into a discount sharing agreement, I hook him up, him me... Anyways, he told me today he can get me the SE210's for $80. So what do you guys think? Would I be happier staying with my CX's or should I pony up and get the SE210's? Also, lastly, and this is more of an afterthought, is there any burn-in time for the CX's? About how long if so?

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 9
SE210 for $80 is a fair price.You will get better resolution, less distortion and harshness on the treble, and a weaker, but more accurate bass response than CX300. You might feel the sound of the SE210 seems dull at first simply because CX300 has a lot of coloration on the music.

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 9
i bought the SE210 @ staff discount as well, well worth it for $80..

i seem to be getting used to it now..
the details are coming along.. not as good as the E4 or the UM1...

if you don't like it, i bet you can sell the SE210 for the price you purchased it for

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys think it's a big enough leap though? Or should he skip the 210s and go higher...

For $80, I am more interested in ER6i than SE210. For $20 more, RE2 + FiiO E3 will be my choice, or maybe one of those Denon 751 in a good deal.

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #9 of 9
^ That's what I was thinking. $80 is a good deal for the 210s, but with a bit more the OP could do a lot better. So maybe he should wait it out until upgraditis really hits. Then again, by then the 751s won't be $90+. But the RE2s would still beat the 210s, even at the regular price, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back