CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
May 6, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #1,892 of 2,467
I’m flicking between Roon/HQP and Roon/squeeze, I’m slightly leaning to HQP, but there are so many options to play with. What HQP settings do you use? Thanks
Because I play to an mscaler I use pcm, none, none, 768khz max and let the mscaler do it's thing. If playing to my TT(1) or RME I use pcm, poly-sinc guass long and poly-sinc guass hires lp lns15, 768k, adaptive output rate. I use Hqplayer to the mscaler as I prefer it slightly to the roon engine. Roon has been sounding better recently though. My problem with Roon/Squeeze is it's limit to 192k.

May 7, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #1,893 of 2,467
Because I play to an mscaler I use pcm, none, none, 768khz max and let the mscaler do it's thing. If playing to my TT(1) or RME I use pcm, poly-sinc guass long and poly-sinc guass hires lp lns15, 768k, adaptive output rate. I use Hqplayer to the mscaler as I prefer it slightly to the roon engine. Roon has been sounding better recently though. My problem with Roon/Squeeze is it's limit to 192k.
Same here, playing into an Mscaler using none, none and leaning to it being my favourite. I also use Guass dither, do you think when using none, dither has any impact? It seems to for me, but I’m open to it being my imagination…

May 17, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #1,894 of 2,467
Holy heck, my wife walked into my room and asked me how much the "large box" from antipodes costed, I kept changing subject.

Random but just wanted to share, haha.

May 17, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #1,896 of 2,467
Holy heck, my wife walked into my room and asked me how much the "large box" from antipodes costed, I kept changing subject.

:beyersmile:

I’m not married, but that’s gotta be a tough situation. My response would be, “A good amount, but I got it at a discount,” but there’s only so long that will last. For a non-audiophile (and a lot of audiophiles even), saying you spent $15K on a computer that just plays music is insane

May 17, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #1,897 of 2,467
:beyersmile:

I’m not married, but that’s gotta be a tough situation. My response would be, “A good amount, but I got it at a discount,” but there’s only so long that will last. For a non-audiophile (and a lot of audiophiles even), saying you spent $15K on a computer that just plays music is insane
Agree the discount helps, I have used it for reel, a few times. Of course liking what I chose and not shuffling up kept purchase frequency so low, also helps with my partner.
now quality dedicated servers are in the 12-25 g area which may be out of someone’s price point, but they do make a difference.

May 19, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #1,898 of 2,467

Start buying magazines about boats and motorcycles and leave them around the house. She will soon realise hifi is cheap by comparison, and safer :)

May 19, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #1,899 of 2,467
Start buying magazines about boats and motorcycles and leave them around the house. She will soon realise hifi is cheap by comparison, and safer :)
I agree. I always had this thought process that though hifi isnt cheap, its not crazy end spectrum of boat/mansion/mount everest climbing type expensive.

Regarding bike magazines, that would not work because I recently bought a streetfighter v4s and sold at a loss due to new born. It was my 8th bike and my first brand new one too, so yeah took a blood bath loss on that one....

Gave up riding for good and got back into the hifi hobby now that you mentioned it. We all need at least one hobby to unwind imo. Back in the days, my mentality was just work work work and it was effing miserable.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #1,900 of 2,467
I never trusted myself to ride, fly, parachute, climb... sailing, golf, audio seemed more appealing. now skiing, horseback riding, water skiing are out. Im active but im one knee twist from being paralyzed in my mind.

May 21, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #1,901 of 2,467
Hi y'all! Question time!
So I just updated my S40 to 3.13 this afternoon. The update said it completed and asked me to reboot, which I did. When restarting Roon it can't find my core. If I open up the finder the core is connected to the network and I can even play files. Whenever I update the server something like this always happens, so I'm not surprised that it's being difficult this time as well. Any ideas on things I might be able to try?

May 21, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #1,902 of 2,467
Hi y'all! Question time!
So I just updated my S40 to 3.13 this afternoon. The update said it completed and asked me to reboot, which I did. When restarting Roon it can't find my core. If I open up the finder the core is connected to the network and I can even play files. Whenever I update the server something like this always happens, so I'm not surprised that it's being difficult this time as well. Any ideas on things I might be able to try?

The Core that’s running has been reverted to default. You’ll need to connect to it as a new Core, then restore your last Roon backup. Do this before inputting your user name and password. There’s a restore option at the bottom.

May 21, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #1,903 of 2,467
I can't even get to that option. I'm stuck here:
Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 6.57.43 PM.png

May 21, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #1,904 of 2,467
May 21, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #1,905 of 2,467
Tried that one. Tried clearing the Roon cache as well. No luck. Should I try and reinstall Roon Server on the S40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back