CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Apr 23, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #1,831 of 2,467
Hi, I have the CX/EX combo. I have just seen a used Uptone Audio USB ISO Regen come up for sale. Is there any benefit adding this between the CX and the EX or after the EX? Cheers.
The ISO Regen is a USB doohickey so you’d use it between your DAC and your EX. I used to own one and it was worthwhile with a microRendu. When I moved up to an Innuos Zenith, it no longer provided a benefit. I suspect that will be the case with your CX/EX as well.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #1,832 of 2,467
The new statement is using Arc 6 too like the DAVE PSUs. Shame that the statement maxes out at 8tb, you can’t change the ssds by yourself, and has a bad UI. I love their PhoenixUSB, likely due to the SJ power supply (same with the DC4 PSUs).

The price of streamers is getting ridiculous though. I assume there must be a market for $20K streamers or they wouldn’t be making them I guess.
If I recall correctly the Statement power supply has eight voltage rails. That is going to be a tough act to fit 8 x ARC6 in that footprint. The non upgraded Statement has 8 x DC3 in its power supply case. Each DC4 board is twice the size of the DC3 and the ARC6 is considerably bigger again and also has a large choke for each voltage rail.

I wonder if the upgraded power supply to the Statement also upgrades the regulator stages in the main processor case of the Statement. The current ones also look as if they are based on the DC3.

I originally had a DC3 power supply for my Dave and having tried for myself just upgrading the digital supply rail to DC4 and then ARC6 I can anticipate that the ARC6 upgrade to the Statement will make a huge difference to it. I no longer have a Statement though so I cannot try.

I wonder if the Phoenix range will also get the option of moving up from their DC3 supplies.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #1,833 of 2,467
The ISO Regen is a USB doohickey so you’d use it between your DAC and your EX. I used to own one and it was worthwhile with a microRendu. When I moved up to an Innuos Zenith, it no longer provided a benefit. I suspect that will be the case with your CX/EX as well.
@RKClem you are possibly better keeping your eyes open for a used PhoenixUSB. That made a good difference to my Zenith and continues to make a very worthwhile difference with my K50. I thought I might be able to sell it when I moved to the K50 but that was not the case.

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #1,834 of 2,467
Hi,

I have a K30 with a 12v output socket and I’m curious as to whether I could use this to power my TT2 or Mscaler? I suppose its intention is to power an additional Antipodes unit, but that’s not on my radar at the moment. I’m happy to experiment of course, but does anyone know what it’s rating might be? Thanks

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #1,835 of 2,467
Hi, I have the CX/EX combo. I have just seen a used Uptone Audio USB ISO Regen come up for sale. Is there any benefit adding this after the EX? Cheers.
This would require an extra USB cable and make more clutter. I own CX/EX and this wouldn’t be something I would bother with, but the only way to satisfy your curiosity is to try it. If buying used you could probably flip it for what you paid for it. Please report your findings.

Apr 24, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #1,836 of 2,467
I always felt that the CX/EX combo was really good, had I not sold my CX, I would have just kept my CX/EX. I also feel like those products specifically put Antipodes on the map/radar of many.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #1,837 of 2,467
Hi,

I have a K30 with a 12v output socket and I’m curious as to whether I could use this to power my TT2 or Mscaler? I suppose its intention is to power an additional Antipodes unit, but that’s not on my radar at the moment. I’m happy to experiment of course, but does anyone know what it’s rating might be? Thanks
TT2 and M scaler both need a 15V power supply so the answer is no.

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #1,838 of 2,467
TT2 and M scaler both need a 15V power supply so the answer is no.
I see oeople run them off battery so 12v may work as long as there is enough current available.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #1,839 of 2,467
Hi,

The 12V should be fine but just check what amps the K30 12V output can supply.

Also, just a word of caution, I personally would not risk cross contamination of noise by connecting the Mscaler to the K30 dc output.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #1,840 of 2,467
I see oeople run them off battery so 12v may work as long as there is enough current available.
Yes I ran both my MScaler and TT2 off batteries at 12v at one point.

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #1,841 of 2,467
Also, just a word of caution, I personally would not risk cross contamination of noise by connecting the Mscaler to the K30 dc output.
+1

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #1,842 of 2,467
I have had the CX/EX combo in my system for a couple of weeks and I am very impressed. The next thing to consider is if I take up the option of a Oladra upgrade for each unit. Is anyone prepared to put a percentage increase on the sound quality improvements achieved with the upgrade to help me with the decision?

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #1,843 of 2,467
I have had the CX/EX combo in my system for a couple of weeks and I am very impressed. The next thing to consider is if I take up the option of a Oladra upgrade for each unit. Is anyone prepared to put a percentage increase on the sound quality improvements achieved with the upgrade to help me with the decision?
Is the oladra upgrade still available? I thought it was a time limited offer, now expired.

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #1,844 of 2,467
Did it for my dx3 and won’t give a %, it’s a more powerful processing speed, more intimate and more detailed sound. It’s louder as well, so I turned my gain down on my gsx mk2. i certainly am happy, but it’s just the one box Solution that I was fully prepared to ride into the sunset with. I’d think there are Cx/ex upgrades out there that can give a direct comparison.

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #1,845 of 2,467
I just realised that different SSDs can give very different types of sound signature. I have tried only 2 on my CX going into EX:
Using Samsung 850 EVO 2TB - Very clean, sounds softer, polite with hifi-ish signature
Using Samsung Enterprise PM series 2TB - Fuller bodied, more bass, organic and dynamic - I choose this now.

Wonder if the rest can share similar experience here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back