CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Feb 28, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #1,621 of 2,412
Has anyone else upgraded to 3.13?

My K50 has only upgraded the Player to 3.13 and left the Server on 3.12 with no further prompts for upgrade.
As I opened each of my dashboards.. EX player, K30 server, K30 player I was prompted to update. It will require a restore of roon if you use that.

Feb 28, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #1,622 of 2,412
I updated my K50 Server first. After shutdown and restart, Server Dashboard reflect 3.13. I then went to Player Dashboard and selected Update there. The update seemed to freeze in progress. After 35 minutes I decided to print the screen to PDF. Oddly, as soon as I did so, the progress screen came to life and update progressed to completion, and I once again shutdown and restarted on my K50. In opening Roon, I had to completely sign in. Qobuz also required this. I had to again provide names for my Audio Zones shown and enable them. My K50 Player was not initially showing in the available Audio Zones but when it did show, I enabled it. There was a rapid populating of music on the Roon Home Screen, but did not appear to show the recent additions of Qobuz music I had added to the Library. I did a Roon Backup Restore from my most recent backup. When Roon restarted from Backup, it indicated the new update required a process of database update, which required a few minutes of wait. I once again had to rename and enable Audio Zones, including waiting a bit for K50 Player to show. The recent Qobuz additions to Roon Library appear to be showing now. I am playing music now and do not yet have an opinion if any changes in sound quality are present after the update. To date I have not added HQPlayer. Server and Player Dashboards do reflect 3.13.

Feb 28, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #1,623 of 2,412
Yup upgraded to 3.13, and had to tweak dashboard and server the same as after oladra. deauthorize, sign back in, reauthorize. everything good under 3.13 roon wise. well back to 0's on my tracks listened to , well like i can restore my back up but f%$ it

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #1,624 of 2,412
so is it me or what. I did notice a change 3.13, it seems less in your face just a pinch less intimate but not in a bad way, its cool. then again i might have a brain twerk , but processing speed also slowed up some, like there's more work being done upsampling wise. but i will digress to its just me.

Feb 28, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #1,625 of 2,412
When starting roon after the update don’t sign in. Right at the bottom of that sign in screen is a restore from backup. Use that and everything will be just as you left it.

Feb 28, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #1,626 of 2,412
missed that

Feb 28, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #1,627 of 2,412
I missed that too on signing in and instead restore from backup.

Regarding sound quality possible differences, I think I will try to hold off on posting impressions for a week or so in case the shut down and restarts influence SQ till unit has been constantly on for a bit.

Feb 28, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #1,628 of 2,412
No updates for CX or EX yet, not that I feel the need for a new version. It is quite annoying how you need to de authorise Roon and restore a backup for every update.

Even more concerning, when I try to view my Roon backups I get an error message that no backups are found! I can clearly see the backup folders. To be extra sure I made a new backup and it can’t find that either.

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #1,629 of 2,412
I struggled with Roon backups before even purchasing the Antipodes K50. Admittedly, much of my problems came from me not understanding how and where to locate the backup location. I was trying to locate Roon backup on separate drive and could not get scheduled routine backups. I now have the Roon Backup folder on my K50 hard drive in Storage, but not in Root folder. I also received assistance from Mark Cole via a scheduled remote session--highly recommended if this continues to be an issue for you.

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #1,630 of 2,412
No updates for CX or EX yet, not that I feel the need for a new version. It is quite annoying how you need to de authorise Roon and restore a backup for every update.

Even more concerning, when I try to view my Roon backups I get an error message that no backups are found! I can clearly see the backup folders. To be extra sure I made a new backup and it can’t find that either.
Easiest way to view backups:

Goto settings>backups>view . Click on the three vertical dots beside the scheduled backup. Then select clean/restore to see them or restore. At least then you are seeing the current backups.

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #1,631 of 2,412
This Roon thread describes the problem finding backups:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ro...-backups-from-multiple-cores-ticket-in/189475

I found that by making a new backup folder and running a fresh backup in this folder I could then see it. I suspect the problem is related to the refresh of the Roon core in the last software update. I did de authorise the old core before the update.

I would recommend that people check that they can find their backup files before running any Antipodes OS upgrades. It would be a nasty shock to not be able to load a backup file after upgrading. The whole upgrade process from Antipodes needs a lot of work to make it user friendly.

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #1,632 of 2,412
This Roon thread describes the problem finding backups:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ro...-backups-from-multiple-cores-ticket-in/189475

I found that by making a new backup folder and running a fresh backup in this folder I could then see it. I suspect the problem is related to the refresh of the Roon core in the last software update. I did de authorise the old core before the update.

I would recommend that people check that they can find their backup files before running any Antipodes OS upgrades. It would be a nasty shock to not be able to load a backup file after upgrading. The whole upgrade process from Antipodes needs a lot of work to make it user friendly.
Not really, you are in control of where you put your backup, not Antipodes, that's on you not them.
Roon backups are done thru Roon not Antipodes.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #1,633 of 2,412
It is quite annoying how you need to de authorise Roon and restore a backup for every update.
You don't need to de-authorize it first. I find it to be fairly simple to restore a Roon backup if you do it right from the first page that Roon shows when it starts clean.
Most certainly its wise to ensure Roon is doing backups to a known location that will persist even if the server is completely wiped. But this has nothing to do with Antipodes as @12grayclouds says above. One needs to take care that what's important to them gets backed up regularly. In a sense, what Antipodes is doing should encourage people to better get their house in order as far as this goes. It's been like 4 times that we have had to restore backups after an Antipodes upgrade. I would hope that everyone has it down by now.
I found that by making a new backup folder and running a fresh backup in this folder I could then see it.
That's good advice but if one is having trouble finding their backups then they will be totally screwed if their server gets wiped for some reason.

I have configured a folder on my NAS for saving backups. I attached this to Antipodes internal storage so it can be found at /storage/backups. Roon thus saves them directly to my NAS. I've been doing this forever with Roon and have never had a problem with finding backups.

Feb 28, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #1,634 of 2,412
+1 for nas backup.

Mar 1, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #1,635 of 2,412
Has anyone else upgraded to 3.13?

My K50 has only upgraded the Player to 3.13 and left the Server on 3.12 with no further prompts for upgrade.
After an overnight wait the server is now also showing the option to upgrade to 3.13 and I have just completed that. Weird but all done now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back