CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Jan 5, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #1,546 of 2,420
When I don't know what I want to hear, I go to Roon. Such a vast difference in usability, despite the Material skin seeming to have so much potential.

Taiko mentioned that they have actually hired a UX design team for their upcoming Extreme-only music app. I have a feeling that it's going to be a very special application but unfortunately the cost of entry is well beyond my means as it will only run on an Extreme.

@Progisus which player are you using when you run Roon?

I alternate between roon ready and roon/hqplayer none,none,0db . Since the latest roon update I felt the highs have more sparkle with roon ready. I am feeding it to an mscaler but if it was not there for upscaling I liked the gauss filters.

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #1,547 of 2,420
Since the latest roon update I felt the highs have more sparkle with roon ready.
Emile at Taiko mentioned recently as well that Roon Ready has become favored amongst his customers.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #1,548 of 2,420
I now see what Ken and Nick have been saying about the MPD library integration on the dual computer machines.
I used MPD before the release of the latest Antipodes software which allowed access to the later versions of Squeeze/Squeezelite. I no longer use MPD because it’s sound quality is not in the same area as Squeeze/Squeezelite.

is it time for me to fire up Roon again?

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #1,549 of 2,420
is it time for me to fire up Roon again?
It's a lot better but I still don't think you'll like it. I think you're more sensitive to the harm it does than I am. I have been using Roon all week.

Jan 6, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #1,550 of 2,420
I was wondering if one of these JCAT OPTIMO nano was used in the CX to power the two SSD drives which you can specify at checkout and if you would hear any improvement.

Easy to install just a case of plugging in the wires and enough internal space inside CX.

Jan 13, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #1,551 of 2,420
I was wondering if one of these JCAT OPTIMO nano was used in the CX to power the two SSD drives which you can specify at checkout and if you would hear any improvement.

Easy to install just a case of plugging in the wires and enough internal space inside CX.
Hey Naynay,

Think will not be significant since not with Dueland silver dc cables that improves SQ by 50% and only uses 20 cents Molex 4LP tin plated pins and not Mundorf silver ones that increases another 50% 🤣

Disclaimer: Ex Molex employee

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #1,552 of 2,420
Happy New Year Everyone
Is anyone using a CD transport along side their Antipodes if so I would like to know if there was a SQ uplift?
I have a K50 and just wondered if it was worth buying one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 16, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #1,553 of 2,420
Happy New Year Everyone
Is anyone using a CD transport along side their Antipodes if so I would like to know if there was a SQ uplift?
I have a K50 and just wondered if it was worth buying one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Clive,

I am using the Denafrips Avatar transport synced to upgraded oxco of my upgraded Denafrips Tplus dac with Mundorf caps and not sure how it compares to your K50.

However it sure sounds better or at least preferrable for my serious listening than ripped files in internal SSD in my oladra upgraded cx+ex stack which cannot be synced to mentioned the Denafrip Tplus.

For me, it is the convenience of a media streamer like Antipodes and not its SQ ... I listen also a lot to local FM stations via my Bel Canto FM1 that also sounds much better than low bitrate of 64acc max of these stations via internet streaming from the Antipodes that I certainly do not prefer.

YYMV since system config differs.

Cheers.

Richard

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,554 of 2,420
It might point to me being slightly superficial but I decided to make a couple of system changes to ensure my equipment is the now all the same colour. As a result I will be listing my own personal immaculate black K50 (new June 2021) for sale. It is replaced by a silver K50!. If anyone in the UK is interested they can pick up a bargain at under £9k including next day courier delivery . . . .
Didn't you sell your silver Dave Dac and replaced it with a black one towards end of last year so it would colour match 🤔

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #1,555 of 2,420
I’ve heard the silver versions of Antipodes are brighter sounding and show fingerprints easier.

Jan 16, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #1,557 of 2,420
show fingerprints easier
I once received a component that shipped with cotton gloves. It might have been for handling the tubes but I really don’t recall.

Jan 16, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #1,558 of 2,420
Didn't you sell your silver Dave Dac and replaced it with a black one towards end of last year so it would colour match 🤔
An almost new silver Dave came up second hand at a price that was difficult to resist.

Jan 16, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #1,559 of 2,420
An almost new silver Dave came up second hand at a price that was difficult to resist.
I thought you sold a Silver Dave a few months ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back