CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Sep 23, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #961 of 2,412
If anyone is able to help I would be very much obliged - got CX with SSDs installed and EX attached with ethernet cable then attached to DAC via USB, everything worked fine before.

The EX Player dashboard has Roon highlighted, Output USB Audio - Chord highlighted and DOP highlighted.

EX Server dashboard has Roon highlighted.

CX Server dashboard has Roon highlighted.

I've no idea if this is correct - especially the CX bit (is anything in CX supposed to be highlighted? No idea)

Guidance?

oh, and on Roon I just have the Roon symbol doing whatever with nothing happening.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #962 of 2,412
It is only the Antipodes that they are advising to be powered on 24/7 in order to receive updates and to refresh its cache each night. Your DAC is not required to be powered on for this to happen.

If you miss an Antipodes update because your Antipodes was not left powered in they say it will receive the update the next time you power it on.

Personally I have always left my streamer/servers on 24/7 anyway.

I use my Nuc as a roon streamer and it’s left on 24/7.

My simple 8559u nuc is more than capable of being a totally silent streamer that never goes above 35oC.

Boy, I must say that ios 15 looks very nice and dare I say it, smooooth

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #963 of 2,412
If anyone is able to help I would be very much obliged - got CX with SSDs installed and EX attached with ethernet cable then attached to DAC via USB, everything worked fine before.

The EX Player dashboard has Roon highlighted, Output USB Audio - Chord highlighted and DOP highlighted.

EX Server dashboard has Roon highlighted.

I've no idea if this is correct - especially the CX bit (is anything in CX supposed to be highlighted? No idea)

Guidance?

oh, and on Roon I just have the Roon symbol doing whatever with nothing happening.

What do you see in output ? Your dac appears and highlighted but still no sound ?

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #964 of 2,412
Uncle Monty,

• You have opened Roon via web interface on your computer or via app on your phone or mobile device, correct?
  • If so, does it show Connected to your Roon Core, your Antipodes server?
  • If so, does Roon show your Chord as playing device?

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #965 of 2,412
Yes
Roon Core - EX (under General)
under audio got mscaler

under 'My Albums' says storage location offline

edit - can listen to radio - great!

just need Roon to find music on my SSDs in the CX - is there something I need to do in the File Manager in CX server dashboard?

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #967 of 2,412
yes - the SSDs are showing in library tools / manage storage on CX server dashboard

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #968 of 2,412
I am not familiar with Chord and MScaler, but went to the website. It appears to me the MScaler has a USB input but outputs to the DAC via Digital, BNC or Optical. If I am correct, then I believe you should have your Antipodes Player configuration for Roon set to Digital, not USB.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #969 of 2,412
Somehow managed to to get SSD music to appear on Roon - except now I have two of everything...oh well..

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #970 of 2,412
Also, for your Roon web interface, under Settings, Storage, is your music shown? Mine shows Music Folder with the total number of my tracks imported. This is what is shown in Library Tools, File Manager under Server Apps. I do not yet have the new software pushed to me for my K50, so your GUI may be different than mine.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #971 of 2,412
Whoops, just saw your new post after I sent my last one.

For me, there is this statement below when selecting Roon as Server. I do not know if your double music showings are due to you setting up another watched folder in Roon itself or not. I would suggest reaching out to Mark Cole on this, just in case.

Important Notes​

When you setup Roon Server on your remote control device there are two important points to note:

• DO NOT set any watched folders in Roon. This is because your library location is pre-set for you on K50server including internally stored files and any external locations you have added using the tools provided on the Library page. Adding a watched folder that overlaps with a pre-set folder will trigger a loop in Roon that will cause over-heating and may thereby cause damage to your Antipodes Music Server.
  • DO NOT set Roon Background Analysis to use more than 2 cores at 100%. Using more than 2 cores at 100% for some hours would require fan cooling and we do not include fans due to their negative effect on the listening experience.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #972 of 2,412
I think I will reach out to Mark...especially if my CX suddenly bursts into flames and sees my trousers on fire (again)

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #973 of 2,412
Antipodes>storage>music>flac for mine. I’ll leave a heads up from mark pertaining to dx3 on my thread but DX owners don’t need to remove ssd for upgrade, they just need an external back up that I do through my antipodes to a USB stick.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #975 of 2,412
It appears to me the MScaler has a USB input but outputs to the DAC via Digital, BNC or Optical. If I am correct, then I believe you should have your Antipodes Player configuration for Roon set to Digital, not USB.

No it should be USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back