CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Aug 14, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #796 of 2,535
I see no point in buying an expensive network switch like say the Etherregen if you have the CX-EX combo as the CX acts as the network switch to eliminate noise before it enters the EX.
Sent my Etherregen back as heard no difference and after talking to Tony of Antipodes he has said the CX when combined with EX is designed to do just that.
Hi,

Somehow missed this post but my experience differs and ymmv as usual due to system dependencies ... etheregen made an obvious improvement for my cx/ex stack on streaming from full flac internet radio stations and less so from low quality local streaming stations.

Added the AfterDark double emperor clock and yet another arguably even more obvious improvement ... audio files resides in 2x 4tb ssd on cx as server and no difference since I had yet to have 2nd etheregen between cx server and ex player.

In conclusion, I absolutely have no doubt etheregen and/or better clock like AD solves what ex and cx stack did not in MY system setup and encourage Antipodes owners of cx and/or ex to try out in their system if opportunity arises ...

Let see how well upgraded of cx+ex performs when I receive them in next few weeks.

Cheers.

Richard

Aug 14, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #797 of 2,535
Anybody seen the 3.1 upgrade pushout yet? Middle of August.

Aug 14, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #798 of 2,535
Aug 14, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #799 of 2,535
According to Mark Cole, as of 8/10, none of the CX/EX upgrades had shipped out yet. He expected the first upgrades to go out with 3.1 sometime this last week...

Pertaining to EtherRegen, I found the most significant improvement between CX and EX compared to incoming from the network to the CX when I preferred playing from my CX-based library over Qobuz streaming. I later added a second EtherRegen from network to CX and have gone back and forth listening between library and Qobuz versions and the differences are insignificant to my ears given my overall playback impression that the CX/EX combo produces smearing in the midrange which I have a high level of confidence that the power supply upgrade will add significant improvements.
On another note, I felt there was a meaningful SQ improvement from 2.7 to 2.8.

The Innuos Phoenix USB Regen as well as a good 10Mhz timing source to the EtherRegens were both important upgrades to SQ.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #800 of 2,535
According to Mark Cole, as of 8/10, none of the CX/EX upgrades had shipped out yet. He expected the first upgrades to go out with 3.1 sometime this last week..
@Progisus He is ignoring questions asking about an update for the date for 3.1 on the Antipodes website Chatroom which is never a good idea.

Innuos learned with their 2.0 development that it is always better to post regular (weekly) updates even if it is only to say things are running behind the predicted schedule. We are all (mostly) adults and we know stuff runs late but silence is bad PR.

Just my 2p / 2c.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #801 of 2,535
@Progisus He is ignoring questions asking about an update for the date for 3.1 on the Antipodes website Chatroom which is never a good idea.

Innuos learned with their 2.0 development that it is always better to post regular (weekly) updates even if it is only to say things are running behind the predicted schedule. We are all (mostly) adults and we know stuff runs late but silence is bad PR.

Just my 2p / 2c.
I don’t know if Mark reads this thread but he has just posted in the Antipodes chat room saying they need another 2 to 3 weeks to fine tune the mechanics of the over air update to 3.1. He says the return of the updated cx/ex units will not be delayed by this and they will start shipping back to owners in the coming week so it sounds like the actual 3.1 is done but they are literally dealing with the roll out.

Mark, if you do read on here then many thanks for the update. It is very welcome.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #802 of 2,535
Hi,

How to post discussion msg in the chat room? Signed up and clicked on discussion to only be told I cannot access ? TIA.

Cheers.

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #803 of 2,535
Hi,

Perhaps while awaiting for any good advice, anyone had successfully tried suitable pcie card with "better" oxco clock to replace stock ex's as player for usb output ?

No idea on space constraint/suitability but for e.g. pink faun pcie card with oxco clock ...

This arises on the significant SQ improvement in both having upgraded from std Terminator dac with femto clock to Terminator Plus with oxco clock as well as having etheregen's internal clock similarly bypassed by Afterdark's oxco clock ... something not experienced by cablings, power conditioning etc. but more like component change .. to higher pedigree aka $.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #804 of 2,535
Hi,

How to post discussion msg in the chat room? Signed up and clicked on discussion to only be told I cannot access ? TIA.

Cheers.
Are you on this screen? If so you will be automatically logged in as a guest and allocated a random name. You can click on that and alter it to your own name. Then just type where it says ‘type and send message’. Then press Send to submit the message.

7DB46356-43A2-4CCB-9025-B806BC021483.jpeg

Aug 15, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #805 of 2,535
S60 Power Supply for EtherRegen - I'm curious to know what effect an S60 would have powering an EtherRegen if anyone has the opportunity to try it out ...

Aug 15, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #806 of 2,535
Are you on this screen? If so you will be automatically logged in as a guest and allocated a random name. You can click on that and alter it to your own name. Then just type where it says ‘type and send message’. Then press Send to submit the message.

7DB46356-43A2-4CCB-9025-B806BC021483.jpeg

Hi Triode,

Thanks but kindly provide link to this page and hope not on facebook that I do not subscribe to .... no, I had not see your screenshot page but only the below forum and discussion thread that I cannot post when I access antipodes audio's official site.

Thanks again 🙏

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210816-101550_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-101550_Chrome.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210816-101528_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-101528_Chrome.jpg
    657.5 KB · Views: 0
Aug 16, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #807 of 2,535
Hi Triode,

Thanks but kindly provide link to this page and hope not on facebook that I do not subscribe to .... no, I had not see your screenshot page but only the below forum and discussion thread that I cannot post when I access antipodes audio's official site.

Thanks again 🙏
try the link
https://antipodes.audio/latest/

I get there by going to MyAntipodes and clicking on Support.

In the bottom right you should get a bubble saying Chat,

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 08.36.22.png

click on that and a list of people online comes up.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 08.36.35.png

Click on Public Chatroom and a second small window should come up with the Chatroom conversation.
Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 08.36.58.png

You will see that I have been automatically logged on and allocated guest name Maire. Click on the allocated guest name and you will be able to customise your guest name by clicking on the pencil icon.
Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 08.37.47.png

Note this is not in the Forums and discussions area which I admit I have never been able to post on despite registering and logging in.

The Chat Room is better though because it is a direct route to speak to Mark in real time if he is logged on.

Hope this helps.

Aug 16, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #808 of 2,535
try the link
https://antipodes.audio/latest/

I get there by going to MyAntipodes and clicking on Support.

In the bottom right you should get a bubble saying Chat,

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 08.36.22.png

click on that and a list of people online comes up.

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 08.36.35.png

Click on Public Chatroom and a second small window should come up with the Chatroom conversation.
Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 08.36.58.png

You will see that I have been automatically logged on and allocated guest name Maire. Click on the allocated guest name and you will be able to customise your guest name by clicking on the pencil icon.
Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 08.37.47.png

Note this is not in the Forums and discussions area which I admit I have never been able to post on despite registering and logging in.

The Chat Room is better though because it is a direct route to speak to Mark in real time if he is logged on.

Hope this helps.
Hey Triode,

Thanks a million ! 🙏🙏👏👏

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #810 of 2,535
Was in at the chat room and Mark said NZ were going in to level 4 lockdown. Wonder if this will affect the roll out of 3.1?
Just heard on news but I thought it was only a 3 day period with 1 week for Aukland where they had the single positive test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back